Mothmyth's mad scientist page

After a false start with a batch of clay that was too silty to make such an object, followed by much ado about engineering, and finally a second go with a much more specific plan of attack and toilet paper rolls as assembley jigs, hair is…

The Laugh Giraffe

Hey mothmyth,
Some fine examples of a depraved mind. I love them. When are you going to stick them in a gallery so we can have a close up look at your handiwork?
Tim

Ah yes, this turned out better than i expected

I believe there might be a byird on the way.

A byird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Fish suprise

And the byird is still a wherk in progress

And vases, coffee cups or whatever made of octahedrons

And a shocked bowling ball

I have finished a lid for the vase that would enable a flour derangement to be displayed.

Ah yes, the byird is still a work in progress.

He had a body made of polystyrene foam with a little clay for filling,and wrapped in an outer layer of plastic.

Then he was wrapped in clay strips and baked until the foam melted. The body was removed through the holes.

Hi Mothmyth,
Do you have any plans to start selling these little creations soon?

Tim

The first batch is being fired now, so the project is underway. I will have a bit of time off work coming up so im hopping for some time to spend on firing glazing and stuff.

And more parts are emerging every day…

Concerning the Haiku Famine of Recent Times.

There’s bean no baked beans
Yes its bean quite a while
The waiter returns

you could write a book a full on story with all your pieces as different characters from another planet planet mothmyth

A Haiku Concerning the Assignment of Tasks Amongst the Willing.

Moth makes gargoyles
Someone Elle’s rites the story
Division complete

Moth creates madness
formed from tiny particles
phyllosilicates

1 Like

Philosilicates
By far the best sillicates
With plasticity

Put into a kiln
Fire removes the water
Irreversable

Hey Mothmyth, I saw this single phase kiln on Facebook for $95 and thought you might be interested.

You should be able to cook up those little critters. I like mine medium rare.

The company who makes them is still operating out of Yardhurst.

Cheers

Tim

Well that is interesting. I have been looking at similar things on TradeMe but i avoid facebook so have not seen this.

Furst fire ring is done
Bonsai pots

Hi Mothmyth, I thought you’d like it. Offer them $50 for it and then take to Yardhurst to have the manufacturer to give it the once over to make sure it’s safe, and you’d still have yourself a cheap little kiln.

Get cooking!

Hey Mothmyth, did you have any luck with that kiln?

Sorry i was vague there, when i said i like to avoid facebook, i meant that i do not have a facebook account at all, meaning i cannot follow the link.