Kwikeiths west coast places

Hey I got my Landrover! Its mileage is remarkable - hasnt used a litre of fuel for ten years. David wants to restore it. I said he can. Yes I might buy an older diesel one one day. i know the feeling of not feeling too good. Over did it last week and now the left side of my head is all numb, eye has gone all red like a glow worm and wants to pop out but I some how like the disorientated feeling - saves money on whisky.

its almost gold mining season, things can only get better when it arrives.

1 Like

When detecting for gold it is always gold mining season. :smile:

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

except when ur back slips out, and u get to many shell casings

its starts to piss down after you have gone through the ford, come to go home and cant get back across.

and u have just finished the last speights

1 Like

Luckily I haven’t had my back slip out, & shell casings, their bullet heads & bloody shotgun pellets are all part of the course when gold detecting. Thanks to bloody rabbit/quail shooters. Had not too bad a labour weekend on the gold detecting front. Will do a show & tell on the Show us your gold thread.

1 Like

looking forward to it, but dont mind me prattling on, just trying to keep all the chats looking golden when you log on

1 Like

this has to be the way to poach.
no one hears you coming. (well most of the time). when you get to site you set up a couple of belts to the back wheel these belts go round the pump.
lean the bike against tree and turn on the power
connect the hoses
take out armchair and sit back and watch the gold float up the hoses
no one can hear a thing apart from the billy boiling

3 Likes

@kiwikeith that’s an awesome way to get out to those remote spots for a detect!! I’m jealous of the new toy!

1 Like

Way to go Keith. The old Fatboy E-Bike. Those tyres will soak up some bumps. I wasn’t referring to you as being a fat boy LOL :rofl: The tyres are the fat boys. Welcome to E-Bike prospecting. :+1:

My set up. From this

With the help of this

To this

Certainly makes getting into places & back again a lot quicker than walking.

Which means you can go a lot further in the coarse of a day.

Opppsss…got a bit carried away.

11 Likes

oh to get weather and places like that to go. with my condition and weakness i dout it will happen but managed to get round the block yesterday. wont today to much surface water.
cant cover the ground walking like i used to so this may help
yep the tires certainly are fat. nice and round like my gut

1 Like

@kiwijw you’ve got the perfect ground down there for that toy mate!

Hi Gavin. Certainly have, only age, 61 this month, & fitness come into the equation too these days. Takes me a few days to get over it after an outing. Mostly from an old back injury from my early thirties. The weight of the back pack doesn’t do it any favours with the bouncing around & general motion of biking & the weight going down my spine to my lower back taking it all. Fucked disc. No other way really of carrying stuff. I try to minimise what I take but I pay a price. It is ok when it is all flat traveling but not much of that where I tend to go. Short distances are ok but I usually have a three hour up hill grind. All good coming back down. Gravity is your friend. 3 hours up, 20 minutes to half an hour coming back down. I actually fitted a much smaller front chain ring sprocket to gear it way down for the up hill grinds. Over all peddling speed is slower but gravity pulls you down pretty quick. :smile: Works well all round.

1 Like

Go Keith; keep walking that block and before you know it you’ll be back in them there hills.

@kiwijw if your back gets worse / too bad I can recommend cervical disc replacements. I was out of action at the beginning of the year with my C6/7 and C7/T1 discs being buggered and badly pinching nerves, stopping muscles in my left arm and hand firing. They do lumbar versions too if yours is further down. Had them swapped out and was back up and running the next day! 2 weeks of taking it easy though as they’d gone through my throat to swap them out and didn’t want me straining any veins there! Then I was back up to going full noise :metal:

Was an old snowboarding accident but ACC refused to cover it and I didn’t want to wait while more nerve damage set in while trying to go through the public service, so I paid for it myself. Expensive, but the best purchase I ever made.

6 Likes

not alot of news out there. must be starting to warm up and everyone is to busy

Hey Keith …good to hear your still kickin around…heard a yarn about you the other day that you were possum trapping around Aorere area(you know where)finney enough it goes that you wrote off your caravan not taking a bridge too well.hope your driving has improved or at least your insurance…lol :joy: :roll_eyes: :flushed:

hi mal , no i didnt write of the caravan it was my $38000 defender they wouldnt fix. took off the took off the front wheel and drove the drive shaft up through the gear box. the insurance co got to $40000 of parts then thought it better to write off… well it was a one way bridge on there was already a car on it so i had to take on the bank instead. put a large rock through the front of the caravan so had this nice indoor garden.
finney yes i did my share of trapping up in the aorere area. got to see some good gold.

good news i have had all the chemo i am allowed, it worked they have a remission and told i should see christmas, just wouldnt say which one. so other good news my poaching days are not over.

7 Likes

thank goodness for landrover solid construction. not even a mark on either caz or myself

1 Like