Kwikeiths west coast places

That looks mighty country Mal. I like it. Hunting did you say? And you didnt invite me! Disgusting.
I always tried to combine the hunting with gold mining. More than once l looked up out of the river and saw and shot game. The first time l saw four goats and got all four (Macetown 1971 or 1972) and took them to Luggate Game Packers and got $17. Made my day! That was 4 tanks of petrol for my Landrover.
Nice photo there. I am not photohygenic enough for selfies.

sorry to hear bout your mum . always the hardest , mums. good to see another keen BLACK DOG. wouldnt give me chemo last week as my immune system was to low so maybe this week.
wairapa hunting a few years since i carried a rifle round those hills . maybe next time round i will get another go .

still looking for gold even if just out the kitchen window found a likely spot at the bottom of the garden , went for a dig but some bloody lepricorns had beaten me to it .

6 Likes

Every time!! How are they so quick whilst so drunk?? Must be all the goodness in the Guinness.
All the best luck to you Keith you’re a trooper, keep trooping mate!

2 Likes

Heading over this weekend to have a wee break from calving. These fellas definitely don’t leave gold nuggets behind, only mushy stinky nuggets.

1 Like

Maybe but when they are full grown they are pure gold! $$$$$$

Got a few growing for that. Just need the market to pick back up :wink:

1 Like

I had thought of fattening a few calves but have since sold the property I was going to fatten them on. Probably a good thing as every now and again I get the urge to go hunting!

1 Like

just love detecting on the west coast. never really know what to take home

8 Likes

Looks like you can even do away with the using a metal detector part too!

1 Like

Yep should be able to just get by with a Pin Pointer there Keith.

1 Like

Nothing to do with gold but I know there has been a bit of talk about 1080 on this thread of KiwiKeith’s. Came across this guys channel a wee while ago & thought I would share this with you on 1080. Also for you hunters out there, if you haven’t seen his channel before it is a well worthwhile watch. I know you will enjoy it. Alternative to 1080 - YouTube

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

one car horn might be bike , copper wire nail junk coin shell 303 1943
best of all was my first coin ever 10cent. way over the back of denniston. really makes me think how the hell it got there

7 Likes

Thats the 10 cents that i dropped 2 years ago when
we were up there,Did you find the $50.00 note.
all the best Keith

ill put it in the bank to keep it safe. while sitting there it will get interest for you. help pay for you next trip down here. it was way over where cedar creek joins the waimag.
no $ 50 dollar notes , thats because i didnt know you got paper money.

Hi Keith
I’ve been reading about your prospecting, would like to get in touch with you next time I’m down there, I have a place in Granity,and I’m from the north island

feel free i live just over the river in hector. coffee is always hot along with some of the stories.

Cool C U in a couple of weeks.

1 Like

bloody rain , i think im coming down with cabin fever

Come and visit me and have a week over here - probably in the rain but who cares. I would be over like a shot if I had the finances and a vehicle that didnt require a fuel tanker towed behind it.

i would love to .not keeping the best of health so not going to far from home.
you need a land rover , getting 9.2lt/100km out of my new one (diesel) alot cheaper to buy than your toyotas. goes well of road as well. dont think its worth as much now as i paid for it . i just cant seem to be able to not rub gorse down the side of it…