Gold price is up!

Im eyeing up a bucket of concentrate that has been sitting under the hedge for the last 3 or 4 years , no idea whats in there im guessing not much which is probably why its sat there so long but at $100 a gram im thinking its time i had a look :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Boom…gold just smashed through 3k an ounce…now NZ$3050…go go going up…lol!

3 Likes

Looks good but no good when you dont have any - still you can always calculate what you would be worth if you had kept everything you found and hadn’t given it away or swapped it for toys and things you liked or wanted and then feel morbidly depressed because if you had kept it you would be worth untold!

1 Like

Exciting times…to sell or to wait???
Oceana Gold must be rubbing their hands $$$$

I only sell gold when I need cash. Nobody wants to trade gold for anything so I have to sell it for plastic. I did trade some gold for a 4x4 a few years back when gold was only $1600nz an oz. Possibly the only time in history a man has done a trade, and years later the wife is still happy. Haha
Put it this way. You sell your gold and put it in the bank. The bank gives you and amazing deal of.05% interest a year. Annual inflation is 2-3%. So in reality your going backwards at least 1.5%.
So you buy a house. Pay 5% interest on that for 30 years. And hope it’s worth something more then you paid 30 years ago.
If you want some advice from an uneducated, homeless, idiot. Buy a claim. Buy a tent. Buy lots of condoms if you have a misses. And gold mine. Everyone tells me a gram an hour is a waste of time. But I don’t know anyone else who makes $90 an hour and has yearly expenses of only $3000. Lots of us are living beyond our means. Get ready people. That’s going to come to a crashing end soon. And I will be laughing all the way to the plastic dispensing machine. To trade plastic for everything people are selling for dirt cheap to pay the bills. Lmao

7 Likes

you didnt take 25% withholding tax off. 5%is at the moment , i remember paying 3% early 70s then it crept up to 21.5%. no ones a winner apart from the banks. any one that told me that $90 an hour is not enough and a waste of time chasing would get a bloody ear full. there are some greedy barstards out there and they dont all work in banks.

1 Like

If your averaging 1 g per hour especially at today’s prices your doing pretty well. Theres still lots of creeks out there that will do this with a decent dredge 5 inch or bigger.

I used to think doing 1 g per hour when the price was almost half was pretty good.

With unemployment going up and the economic situation deteriorating plus the price of gold going UP , I think we are going to see a lot more poaching going on.

Anyone with a claim might be best to keep an eye on it

1 Like

Defiantly a few poachers getting around , lots of people are talking about Gold , I got my self a drone a few months ago its mint for checking the claim , from 2 parking spots i can cover %80 of it.

Haha. Speaking of poachers. I let a guy work my claim. But told him to wait until it drys up a bit as the river was to high and still wet season. The fever took over and off he went. Got the dredge into the river. Dredged for a few days. Then the rain hit. In the rush to get down and pull the dredge out of the river he forgot 1 thing. The road to the river is easy to get up and down when it’s dry. Wet is tempting death. He and his mate survived the down part. But after 3 days being stuck at the bottom of the road, food running out, and overnight temps close to minus. His mate did the 15km walk, in the dark, back to his car.
Ya just cant fix stupid. Add gold fever in the mix. And its usually a good laugh for everyone else.
Shortly after. They had to cut a 600mm thick tree with a dull axe. Bet that was a bonding experience also. Lmao

4 Likes

Hahaha I did that 15km walk in the dark so I wouldn’t have to sleep next to him in the truck and put up with the snoring :joy::joy: Now the 5 days snowed in at Christies though… that’s as close as I’ve ever been to experiencing prison!!
For my first ever dredging experience it was certainly an eye opener… thank fuck the next guy I went dredging with knew what the fuck he was doing :joy::joy:

Haha. I didn’t wanna say any names. We never did get stuck. But sure hit a shit streak of no gold. So not sure if you wanna say I know what I was doing. But I never made you walk 15km. And my axe was sharp. Lol

Here is an interesting article on why gold is going up and will continue to go up in coming months to an estimated NZ$4500…todays price at $99 per gram!!

1 Like

Just read an article that says they’re expecting gold to hit USD$4000 this financial cycle, that’s the equivalent of NzD$6020.
If that’s true…
Blood Dee Hell!!

3 Likes

Has anyone here had a go in any old hydraulicly mined areas with any luck?
Either detecting or high banking or any other small scale means?

Yes, & yes. Detecting & carting material away to a creek for sluice boxing & panning for the finer gold in the material. Generally water was brought to these old workings by miles of water races back in the day as there was no water on the locations & still isn’t today.

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Looking at some of these estimates, and the rate prices are going up as we speak alongside with a lot of unceartainty in the world at the moment… Modern Day Gold rush here we come ! ( although I probably shouldnt be saying that like its a good thing lol, all the gold we be gone if that happens again ) . I just refreshed the gold page and it had already went up $20 per ounce. in the last few mins , Just surpassed $100 a gram for the first time in history .

Everyone is forgetting about silver. I traded 1oz of gold for just over 2kg of silver. Each KG has made me almost $500 this month. While my 1oz of gold has only made a measly $550+/- in a couple months. And a nice sparkly silver kg bar or coin seems to be a bit more impressive to most people then the tiny little jar full of gold.
Silver’s value at one point was. 1oz of gold was worth 15oz of silver. Not to long ago you could have traded 1oz of gold for 123oz of silver. 2009-2012 sometime. Silver hit almost $50US an oz. I somewhat think that it’s going over that. But I have no idea why I think that.

4 Likes

I had a poke around at an area that was abandoned due to lack of water even with water races back in the day. There’s a heap of stacked rocks on the creeks edge and still a heap of the hill side left. I managed pt8 of a gram from 2 hours crevising in the bedrock. Was a great day

2 Likes

Almost at the all time high again! Surpassed 3K an ounce and is I think $96 a gram right now! Dying to get back out there lol.

Cheers

4 Likes

Maybe our nz peso going down?
just to hit 100