Todays Wasteland Finds

Oh and the name badge on the lock above…

W E Davies & Co Birmingham

1 Like

Just a quiclkie tonight.

Preserving jar top.
Piece of wire.
Aluminium tubing hi tensile, a bit mangled.
Copper or brass sheetmetal retaining ring with two copper mounting rivets, lots of chrome plating left on it but well mangled. I dont know what this is, it is like a headlight retaining ring, but that would be steel and have 3 or 4 screw holes instead of two rivets. Any ideas ?

On the first day of Christmas
The wasteland gave to me
Three hot rocks
Two surface cans
Twisted bits of wire
ONE brake shoe

One giant bolt
some lead and a mown spoon
Sundry rusty nails
some folded cans
And a matchbox car
Or two.

2 Likes

that’s looking more like a hector beach find.

Last few days finds,
Firstly my sisters lawns including a Pink Crotal Bell and a nice copper button marked “EXCELSIOR” and pegsprings
(moral - dont buy PVC clothespegs)

and a playground (the coins, including a Canadian 1986 ten cent piece in aluminium and numerous hairclips)

Relay coil and battery are footpath finds.

3 Likes

for the amount of low number targets you dig you are bound at some stage to get gold,keep on keepin on…

Yes, my strategy is to dig fairly much everything, even the minor ironmongery. I have settled on this because i find that if i go to an area and clear it of iron and then go back later and detect the same area, i will often find good stuff that was lost in the clutter first time around. Also, sometimes the most trivial sounding iron targets are interesting stuff. But, on the other side of this question, i do have a small bucket or 3 of rusty nails.

1 Like

Pegs, tyre fragment, nail, Durex - unopened, 3 coins, a ringpull and rustflakes galore.
One of the coins is a 2015 euro 5 cent piece…

1 Like

An interesting couple of days. I have run across underground seams of old nails running in long lines.

A 1968 original decimal 10 cent piece with “one shilling” on it.

A sinker

Glass, hot rocks, foil, ringpull.

1 Like

never seen a 10c shilling.guess ive never looked.bet you get gold very soon,get to the beach or the picnic spots.

Thats the trouble with you 21 year olds Roy - a 1967 ten cent piece with SHILLING written on it is a novelty! I remember them well but then again I am an old bastard or in Latin ‘Bastardus Antiquitartus’

1 Like

or in roman “biggest dickous”

1 Like

oh to be 21 again,do you remember what the laughing line was lammerlaw!!!

On the first day of xmas,
The wastelsnd gave to me,
A very fine collection of eight hot rocks!
thirteen nails
And the ususal assorted ringpulls, hairclips, bottle tops and bits of wire

Anyone beat 8 hot rocks in a single session?
To be precise, rocks giving a conductive signature.

1 Like

Well today was multiple coin day.
1967 50 cent piece
1970 10 cent piece
1996 10 cent piece
2006 20 cent piece
2006 10 cent piece

And the rest…

1 Like

gold is definatly on the cards…

Fishing lure, Glimmy 7g spoon by Kilwell
Blanking plug for 50mm NB or 2" pipe
rusty ?coachscrew and nutty bolt
Hot rock and piece of glass

There is good money to be made out of that rock on right hand side of second last photo - genuine petrified poop from the first whiteman to step ashore in New Zealand. Detailled analysis will show it to be a hot rock due to the amount of tobasco sauce he had consumed.
The small object bottom left is obviously a ‘shit stirring rod’ often used by errant sailors in the absence of women. Notice the petrified build up on the end.
The object at the top left is the petrified results of what happens after consumption of ships biscuits and the over use of the rod shown below - a cuprolite (as is the large one) produced as a result of constipation and haemorhoids.
Take them to te Papa and inform them that you found them at Wharewharangi Bay and right beside the spot chiselled into a rock in Dutch the words ‘Abel Shat here, 18th December 1642’

5 Likes

I like your imagination.

1 Like