Show us ya Gold!

Yep, certainly badly balanced… felt a bit of a beast to swing after a day on the Nox. Yeah, it’s more the convenience, simplicity and ability to cut through mineralisation for me… very handy for bush bashing in to spots, just turn on and go without too many confusing settings. If I was down in Otago I’d be looking at a GPX / GPZ as you’ve got a lot more friendlier open ground down there… lucky bastards! :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Gavin
Had a great day out. This’ll keep you warm.

Caz

8 Likes

Bloody hell Caz…seriously. Is that recently?? How much weight is there? Well done :+1:

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

Sorry didn’t weigh it just left to my partner to sell and divvy up. I can so trust him. Caz

Mind you I must say it is quite good to actually go where I want to go for a change!! LOL.
My great grand father was crushed in a gold mine collapse up the 12 mile out of Queenstown/ Macetown so I’d like to think that perhaps I have the sovereign gene?? Who knows.
Cheers bud
Caz

1 Like

Didn’t realize mineralization could be such a distraction. What types of substrate create the interference Gav?

Make a nice piece of jewelry I reckon.

Often there’s no obvious visible difference in the bedrock.

1 Like

Got out to a great spot this weekend, one of the our best spots so far!

Got an aboslutelty mental test pan off the top and you knew it was going to be a great day when you look in the snuffer bottle and it is full of gold after the single pan.

Spent the morning digging out 10 buckets and got an aboslute mental show in the sluice and an insane cleanout one of our best trips yet, also got one of our biggest pieces yet a nice 0.2 gram picker/small nugget.

pBE2tk54YC6DZCaH8Hk5C4nO.jpeg)

15 Likes

Far out well done. I knew that rain would deposit some good gold

1 Like

That’s what I call a Pan :wink: is that in Goldsborough?..

1 Like

XD cheers. I will actually say no it was not at Goldsborough.

2 Likes

Well done you. You forget the cold temperatures when you get a good return. Good luck for next time. Just watch out for wekas they are partial to sparkly things!
Caz

1 Like

You are so right added Keiths wedding rings and awaiting a stylised manaia. Not sure how long to have the chain though?? Just hope my grand daughter likes it?
Caz

Hope all is well guys and gals.
We hit a patch over the weekend, 3.6 grams off about 50 metres of bedrock. Biggest is 1.25 grams.

11 Likes

Very nice. Well done :+1:

Beats my just over half a gram for 8 little pieces on Sunday detecting. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

very nice. What area?

Saturdays finds for a quick arvo detect.

Crazy small. Between .03 - .08 of a gram None were of any real depth. 2" max. Slightly deeper than the Gold Monster could “see” but Gold Monster type gold.

GPX 6000

Good luck out there

6 Likes

Hi there, West coast :+1:

Did you run the zed over that patch with Xcoil’s?