Parker's Trail - NZ

I will happily tell people to their face but I do agree as I do not like jibes at people from behind the anonymity of a computer keyboard. I am actually renowned for being outspoken as the chairman of the RSA committee will tell you being a committee member myself.
As for the news, is it opinions or is it propaganda fed to the masses in the expectations that they will swallow the bait hook, line and sinker…I wonder why I like alone in the hills with just a few trusted friends! No news, no tv, no radio and no nothing!
I am also not so sure that the media is so much about likes - its all about what the media moguls and their political puppet string manipulators want you to ‘know.’
Oh well bring on summer - the hills are a calling.

5 Likes

Yes the hills away from reception are also good to find

in regards to the show, i’ve watched the first 3 episodes. Well the first was back in the U.S. so a bit of filler. then they got to NZ and just did tourist stuff like sky dive. now a visit to a rusty old small wash plant… the excitment level is dropping fast. I’m trusting some good content is still to arrive? i see they are going to jump off the skippers bridge sometime soon. off the old bungy platform that isnt used any longer.

does anyone know if parker got to check out the dredge up blackball way. they were intending to start it up again a year or so back but havent heard anything else about it. that wouldve been an interesting thing to show him even if it wasnt working

Parker was shown over the dredge by the owner and something will probably be shown of the dredge in an upcoming episode. The dredge has been for sale for a long time and - maybe - the owner hoped Parker would buy it and ship it to Alaska😉. The dredge could be viable where it is except for the regulations which have tied it up in red tape. The regulations just got more and more restrictive every year. And once the Labor Party was elected along with their partners in crime The Greens, the writting was on the wall for the dredge. The final nail in the coffin of a once mighty gold dredge would have been when The Greens proclaimed they would end all gold mining in New Zealand.

BTW: This is not Parkers first trip to New Zealand scoping out mining. He was here at least once previously, well before the pandemic.

1 Like

Enjoy. - YouTube

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

The first episode was a bit boring but episodes 2 and 3 seam to be ok. Its a bit dramatised but some good content.

Im surprised more of you haven’t commented on the efficiency of NZ miners and their equipment compared to places like Canada and the US. What surprises me is the lack of knowledge of things like Hydraulic riffles or automation not being more common place in the US and Canada.

Looking forward to seeing how their visit goes to Otago and Southland

3 Likes

Hydraulic riffles are not in common use in other countries because other countries don’t have the tremendous ammounts of heavy black sands that the NZ South Island goldfields commonly have. When you don’t have so much heavy black sands that would clog Hungarian riffles, hydraulic riffles are no better, or can even be worse to use, than Hungarian riffles!

1 Like

As I’m feeling particularly opinionated at the moment … watching those programs, at least the ones I have seen, it always seems like watching a train wreck, and pretty hard to watch. There are no apparent geniuses on them, to say the least. Maybe I’m being unfair? It is easy to criticise!

I haven’t seen those Parker’s Trails ones, but the gold rush ones - the lesson of redundancy is never learned, how many times someone breaks something critical and there is no spare - and surprise! - the nearest replacement is 1000 miles away - cue dramatic music and narrator saying “their season is in the balance”.

Parker might be an awesome dude, I wouldn’t know, but he doesn’t come across like it in the way those programs are edited, at least the ones I’ve seen. They made it seem like he treats people poorly. Good leadership is perhaps a lesson lost on single minded youth.

3 Likes

I like Parker and his GOLD shows.

Shady :beers:

If you like this sort of show there is a single season series called Devil’s Canyon discovery did a few years ago, that people may enjoy. Similarly annoying and slowish, but there are some redeeming qualities.

https://press.discovery.com/us/dsc/programs/devils-canyon/

totally agree elliot. amuses me with some of their bush fixes. stupid things like grease a noisy bearing and the noise miraculously goes away and they are made out to be geniuses for thinking to use a grease gun. lol. unfortunately my favourite aussie gold hunters is heading the same way to. bering sea gold hasnt got quite as bad yet.

1 Like

I read an article on how false, choreographed and ‘set up’ some of these ‘reality’ shows were.
The best reality show you can ever see is your own - getting out there and doing it and yes some of the guys on here are totally genuine and it would be better to follow them if they posted some Youtube videos, no ‘melodramatic’ breakdowns etc.
I have watched a few decent Youtube vids and actually like ones that show real life without the false dramas like those the guy who bought Cero Gordo posts on Youtube etc.

2 Likes

Episode 3 of this show was a liitle better. At least they got to view a decent washplant even if it was never for sale of suitable. Better than the previous show filler effort of visiting abandoned rusted plant of a small scale haha. Still a lot of switching up wakatipu scenery when they’re on the coast. I hope something good is on for our region besides a bungy off the old bridge in skippers.

1 Like

The only good thing about this Parkers Trail series is the NZ content, scenery & the genuine Kiwi’s that are in it. The over dramatisation is pathetic & makes fools of them & genuinly ruins it. Why can’t they just be straight up & legit? I dont have much time for Tyler. Aussie Gold Hunters put me off her’& crap I saw of her on social media. Probably her first time ever in NZ.

Yer I have seen Devils Canyon. It is ok.

4 Likes

Episode 4 - YouTube

2 Likes

Episode 5. Again , just have to put up with the over dramatisation, otherwise interesting.

5 Likes

Hello JW kiwikruiser here. where do you see parkers trail NZ. I have looked but cant find it. regards

They pop up on youtube but by the looks of it they are being taken down. The person who is putting them up obviously doesn’t have permission to do so. I was just copying & pasting the links to here but they are now gone. Looks like some of you got to see them before they got taken down.

Try this one, but you will have to be quick. - YouTube

1 Like