Paydirt Home Locations Permit Map Equipment & Services Gold Price Old Forum Archive Donate Search

My first Nox Finds

Long time lurker, first time poster.

So I got myself a Nox 800 and I am trying to learn how to use the thing.

I have tried it at the beach (Beach 1 and 2) and in parks (Park 1). I’ve set up a user profile with a 10 khz setting to see if this helps exclude bottle caps. That’s about as far as I have got with different settings so far.

First trip to the beach I find a fork. And not much else.

Second day at the beach I find a Trowel and not much else.

Then I get into various parks and beaches and I’ve come pack with fishing gear, spendies, a hair trinket, bits and bobs and rubbish.

I am still trying to figure out how to exclude the rubbish and hit something else other than coins. I’ve learnt if I get a solid 21 then its some loot. Or a bottle cap.

Most rubbish seems to come through 13 - 17. So I get tricked at the 4 and 8 sounds - more rubbish.

I’m hitting loads of rubbish (caps, foil etc) in parks.

Heres the evidence to date

7 Likes

Good haul there, the crap to quality ratio looks pretty similar to my outings with my nox! $1 and $2 generally ring up 21 or 22 so easily found but aluminium bottle caps can do the same. As for not digging crown caps , I gave up and pretty much dig everything as you really never know what you have unless you get a really deep iron tone with the discrimination off. If you run discrimination on I find that too much stuff sounds good as it hides the iron noise. At least you are finding some pie money :grinning:

Change to 4khz to test for crown caps, they’ll likely shoot up in numbers to the high 30’s. Set 4khz as a user profile so its just one quick press to check.

Thanks for that - I’l give it a shot. I all ready have a profile set for 10khz which gives caps a lift so any extra help is great.