Metal detector wanted

how much does he want to spend,i have a teknetics t2 limited addition with 5 inch sniper coil, its as new.

Don’t really know but he may be interested will give you his phone number best time to get him is evening around 7pm name Steve leach 078637412

1 Like

It’s a small world. I know of Steve Leach from Waihi. I think his best bet would be a VLF gold detector for the Coromandel area. It is very hard country for gold detecting. Not just the steep busy terrain either but lots of hot mineralised ground & basalt hot rocks. The only gold I found detecting for gold in the Coromandel was going over my dredging tailings pile. Yes those dredging episodes got me in trouble with environment Waikato thanks to a nark…Again the Equinox 800 would be my pick. It comes with an aftermarket 5" coil for getting into those tight spots & great for tiny gold. Large gold too of course, if it is there. Has very good discrimination on iron & VDI number readouts too. I don’t currently have any detectors for sale. My last one I sold this year was an EQ 800. I sold it too damn cheap to. It had hardly been used. I had ended up with two of them. The Minelab GM 1000 could be worth a look from him as well. More a gold only detector but I think using one in the Coromandel would drive him nuts with lots of false signals. Comes with two coils. A 5" round & a 10" x 5.5". Both Double D coils. Very simple to use. Both detectors are light weight as opposed to any of the Minelab Pulse Induction detectors or the GPZ 7000. With the VLF detectors you’re not tethered to the detector with a battery curly cord. Which is a real pain in steep busy terrain. Hope that is of some help. Cheers

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Steve and ray at some stage will be down to South Island again got himself a caravan we have been mates for over 30 years I will pass that onto him cheers

It depends on what you want it for really. If it is specifically for gold then nothing beats the Goldmonster. It is ace. If you want it fir general u see then the Equinox is possibly the best. I bought the Equinox but quickly discarded it for the Goldmonster. I just found that the Equinox was too ‘confusing’ for my technologically impaired brain and even in Gold2 mode my son and friend beat rings around me. It was seeing and comparing two Goldmonsters against my Equinox that caused me to make the decision to get a Goldmonster. I am even thinking of getting a second one and getting rid of the Equinox…which has been hardly used.

Hi Graeme, You may have a buyer for your Nox 800 then if you want to sell it. How much do you want for it.
This under the other heading of Detector Wanted post

Gold_Sleuth

2d

Hi,
I am looking to get my first dectector.
I am hoping to find something that will allow me to fossick in the public areas as well as going to local beaches for a looksie for lost trinkets.
From what I can see, these are possible options but it:
AT pro
Mine lab CTX3030
Mine lab Gpx-4500 or Nox 800
Monster 1000
To be honest - I have no clue but any advice would be appreciated
Thanks

I also have a mate in Coromandel Town who is interested in a Nox 800. :slight_smile:

Has anyone tried the Kuzer gold detector goes underwater hot rocks no problem

Hi John - my son seems to want me to keep it. When I discarded it in favour of the Gold monster one of the Paydirt members was also interested in it as I think he wanted it to take overseas with him.

1 Like

Does your son want you to keep it so he can use it? :grin: I find it hard to sell my detectors, but I do have far too many & cant use them all. I do like the Gold monster & my old GB2 & the Nox 800. I tend to use them for pin pointers & to discriminate when I get down into a deep hole with my GPZ but those VLF’s can also be a bit of fun combing bedrock for tiny bits of gold.
I had my old GPX 4000 up for sale on Trademe not long ago with a selection of coils, but no takers.

Yes he wants to use it. He has a Goldbug the same as me but the Goldmonster is far superior. He used to use my Minelab Xtreme but it has sat in its box for ten years unused now. I was going to give the old Whites 6000 and my old Garrett Deepseeker a go again as they were actually quite good machines…in their day!

There is a GP Xtreme on trademe at the moment. $1500.00

I think your Gold monster will piss all over the old Whites & the Garrett. But they were the bee’s knees back in the day. I dont have the Whites 6000 but do have an old Deepseeker. I have never used it but got it as a bit of Garrett memorabilia because of its history back in the day.

1 Like

Same as mine. My son did amazingly well with it and paid it off quick smart - except I paid for it and he got the goodies. He got a nice nugget on the walking track at the Roaring Meg one day. He also made up batteries for it and got a special coil from somewhere.

1 Like

Was a half ounce nugget wasn’t it? I remember you telling me about it. Was that the Roaring Meg track down by the Kawarau River, or the old Roaring Meg pack track that goes up the Roaring Meg Creek over to Cardrona? Those Minelab Pulse Induction machines are damn good for here in NZ with our insanely mild ground. I loved my GP 3000, my first ever gold detector & had it from new & for quite a few years. Still to this day it has found my biggest bit of gold. 18.75 grams with an older 11" mono coil.

No that wasnt the half ounce one but it was nice. I assumed it was the track down to the Kawarau River as he used to go there kayaking.
18.75 grams is a great piece. One of my best friends got a 300 or so gram nugget! I keep having him on for selling it.

WOW 300 grams. Just shy of 10 ounces. Be worth a pretty penny today. Nice. I spent a long day going up the old Meg pack track & detecting as I went. Clambered down to the creek in a few places, which was a mission in itself, when I spotted bedrock & old workings. Didn’t get a thing. :roll_eyes:

I worked it out wrong…it was 9 ounces. He got it in the Arrow. My biggest one is just on 100. Got it on 31st Jan 1999 l think. Just about 1km down from Wallace’s Ford on Deep Stream. Its someone else’s claim now and although we let them freely gold mine on that claim when we owned it l wouldnt ask to go there now even though l know where theres great gold there. Another friend also got a 27 gram nugget in Deep Stream. I had several 12 gram ones and one about the size of yours. Days long gone.

Kiwijw what did ya want for your gpx?

Hi there gogold. I had it on trademe for $3,300.00 with three coils. The standard 11" DD coil that it comes with & the 11" mono & a 12 x 7 Nugget finder Advantage coil. Here is a link to the listing.
Trade Me

Just out of interest. If you check the photos, photo number 8. Just above the white coil you will see a bush. That white thing in the bank in the background just to the left of the bush was a Moa leg bone. I didn’t disturb it back then but wish I had of. I went back 4 years later to get it & the sheep had trampled all over it & smashed it into a few pieces. DAMN. I did take it then but it was pretty damaged.

I am open to offers & to negotiate lower price with less coils…or more coils if you want. Cheers.

Found some photos I took when I found that Moa leg bone. It was 7 years ago. 2013. bloody hell…where has that time gone. :roll_eyes:
This is the photo of the detectors & the bush up above the white coil, the white thing in the bank in the background just to the left of that bush is the leg bone.

Cap & glasse for scale.

They were quite a bit more damaged than this when I went back to get them. I dug around a bit but that was all there was. I was hoping there would be more.

3 Likes

Terrific moa leg bone. A great find. No moa no more.
I have a few moa bones in the back yard…she who rules the roost said that l have to take them to the scrap man because they no longer go. They are members of the Moa genus known scientifically as ‘Morrisianus fourstrokusdefunctus’
On a serious note l had found the odd Moa bone over the years when l was a kid and did a lot of exploring. Found a full skelington of a small moa once but dont know where it went.

1 Like