"Mal's Gold Adventures"

Any Noel Lemming branch

1 Like

Great video Mal. I live near Nelson and seeing you put in all the effort to get to Golden Bay makes me realise that I don’t really appreciate what we have on our door step. I have never dug in the boulder field in the Aorore as it always looks too demoralising but I might give it a go next time!

Cheers Dreamyminer…Yep…ya need that big bar and a good sucker pump to suck the gold up…local getting some quite course gold…big hole = big gold!!

Finally got this new episode out…nice chunky gold dredging Central Otago, had a great time and got some alien gold too!..lol.

12 Likes

Awesome Mal , hopefully be able to do a sequel in water tmrow awesome forecast and hot.

how long ago was that trip mal and are you planning to do a summer trip video if you get to return to that river

Yep back next month hopefully…can’t wait!!

2 Likes

Awesome work Mal love the footage

Hey Mal your videos are always good. I was trying to figure out where you were. I think and its a long walk. Hope to get down there and follow a few more leads I think I"ve identified.

Hi all, my apologies for not posting or commenting recently… been a hard year (as for many of us) with Covid and work issues… finally got away back down to beautiful Central Otago for another trip…I couldn’t wait to see the footage so I have made a small trailer of my up and coming adventure… check it out… hope everyone is ok and got over the rona!.. cheers Mal
Return to hells canyon (Trailer) - YouTube

5 Likes

Good on ya Mal. Cant wait for the full footage. Yep Central is very very very beatuful. I have to pinch myself every time I go out detecting.
My GPX 6000 11" coil packed a sad in the weekend. :flushed: Still under warranty so should be good for a replacment. MMMM… I wonder how often this is going to happen as it seems a common problem with the 6000. Not so good for a 9k detector. I have never had an issue with any other Minelab detector, & I have a few.

Best of luck out there.

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

After weeks of video editing I have finally finished my latest episode. It features some of the most beautiful parts Central Otago. I learnt heaps about operating a 6 inch dredge and had a cool adventure…please check it out…and sub!..cheers Mal

8 Likes

Gidday Mal, loved your latest piece out in the hills of Otago. Sorry you did not get much in gold. But the scenery and your cool truck, hopefully made up for what you didn’t get in gold. Great work,look forwards to your next adventure! Ben.

1 Like

Good set up on the triton mate love the way its set up for camping and cooking.
Great video

1 Like

Thanks mate… we will be back for another go!!

Good on you Mal. Great rig set up. Bummer on the gold take but hey that’s only part of the journey. Better luck next time.

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

good stuff Mal, not sure youll pay the triton off in gold tho , great vid all the same keep em comming

1 Like

Cheers Webby… next time I need to go …you know where …with you know who…and get you know what!
lol

1 Like

love the truck Mal.Hope you brought the wife something

Love the video - if ya see a green Toyota HiLux parked right down beside the lake just before the point where the words ‘Clutha River’ appear on your video DONT PERVE!