Kwikeiths west coast places

basically NOOOOO
a couple of spots from moss not worth putting in the bottle. a great day and a good look around for shelia. who by the way got the colour. its done nothing but rain since, so cant get back up to see new places

Did slightly better at Slab Creek but with a lot of digging. Found Waiuta utterly fascinating so stayed a couple of days. Was the only one there but far too cold to put hands in a creek. Today I went up the Haupiri River (with permission from Gloriavale) but not enough time to have a really good scratch around. They wanted me out by 4pm.

3 Likes

another day up denniston . didn’t have enough water to run a pump so went walking again found this old shed it ended up being a water monitoring station, tucked under a large bluff. took abit to get to but worth the look

2 Likes

back up the hill today still no rain, take a sheet of plastic and dam the creek. sucked down to bed rock and yep there was gold there. the biggest problem is where to put the rocks I pull out , stack them along the bank

8 Likes

shifted up stream bit of water it rained finally. put the box up the bank so as not let the cobbles block the creek , just the water ends back in the creek

2 Likes

Look like fun - I hope you make a mint a minute and find Uncle Scrooges lost hoard. Great photos and ‘my sort of country’ May the gold nuggets jump out into your bottle.

1 Like

Looks like fun for sure. Up a cool creek, middle of nowhere pullin GOLD.

its a big rock that someone has gone under. I do hope they left some for me

7 Likes

Gee, that looks safe - would you want to dig under there.

if ever you are up there and you see some boots sticking out from under a rock take them and say “thanks keith”

2 Likes

I hate these sods who make me jellyarse with photos of great places. Have you thought of chemical persuasion…or better still just message Kim and give him the co-ordinates - Gin makes me say silly things! Bugger the boots…its the false teeth I want!

1 Like

you will have to dig for the teeth

1 Like

What me dig…one of my Eunuchs can do that! Of course we can just blow the whole rock up and catch the false teeth as they come back down out of the sky, together with bone fragments, dog meat, BOOTS, and maybe the biggest gold nugget that you nearly but didn’t quite get!

1 Like

i presume you mean the top photo:grin:

when i first read that post i thought you said a great day to look around for sheilas :wink:

1 Like

the bottom end of deep creek there is a little white dot at the right of the photo it my landie. its not far but takes a good hour to get to it.

5 Likes

That is some awesome country down there - Did a quick trip (Pre-metal days) from Queenstown up to Charleston and my neck got a crick from looking up through the windscreen at the scenery

1 Like

some of the locals playing round. no rifle today as I was opening up a track for access into a new gully

9 Likes

just another day at the office …sorry weekend at the office

9 Likes

There’s some bloody big rocks you’ve moved there Keith…any yellow stuff for your efforts?