Kwikeiths west coast places

thanks for the feed back . I sometime wonder if people enjoy.
I find it easier to walk round areas these days than to do the hard work of digging. I will keep on trying to find new areas and post them up here. my next trip is up the river further there are old gold mining machines etc so hopefully that’s next week

6 Likes

Yeah …always keen to see your posts Keith!!..keep up the good work young fella!!

2 Likes

I see you still fine the odd grotto with fairys
all the best Keith.

1 Like

Always interested in your adventure walks with Black Dog

1 Like

here we go again . the “BLACK DOG” taking me for a walk

1 Like

photos say where I am first walk since been told ive got to have someone look for my heart . bit longer than normal times 3hrs up and 2 down but well worth it
great track

9 Likes

Wow what a awesome place
Almost looks like it would fire up with a bit of a boot

I suppose we have to thank doc for the restoration . there is stuff all over the place . even an old hob nail boot.

I love it - my sort of country.

1 Like

awesome keep them coming

black dog took me up the Take creek which flows into the chasm creek .found that doc has taken out 2 concrete bridges put in a couple of bloody rough fords. was looking forward to a detect as there is good bedrock in places. so pissed of just come home couldn’t even get the landie through the ford it was so rough. that’s mt glassglow in the background

4 Likes

Yup, those landies dont really cut it when the going gets tuff :slight_smile

3 Likes

doc have built a bund at each side of the abutments of the old bridge . I presume that is so you can take a run up and jump the gap. poor landie just hasn’t got the speed any more.
its a bugger when you have so much time and everybody else is working. never mind the “BLACK DOG” always wants to take me some where

1 Like

first trip out since the new stent. “BLACK DOG” and a very good friend from tokaroa went detecting up Denniston no gold but a nice day out

3 Likes

don’t normally get any thing of interest but here are 2 nails.

3 Likes

You sure nailed a treasure there - Isnt that square one the one that Brunner lost on his West Coast explorations - I think he hung it on a string and used it as a compiss (try it and see if it works - that will prove that I am right) and the is large one is the first nail that was hammered into the frame of the winding gear for Denniston Incline railway and as such both have huge hysterical (Sp) value.

3 Likes

first day out with new detector. up the waimagaroa river track. lots of bits of wire one hot rock and another nail also very large nut and bolt out of conns creek.
something to watch for is when the “BLACK DOG” goes running past the coil with his collar on it sends a signal . took a couple of times before I woke up .
still a good walk with a nox 800.

That could be the nut I lost during the hernia operation and as for the piece of wood with the bolt it looks it came from New Zealand’s first shipwreck. You havent been pillaging down Dusky Sound have you?. The Department of Constipation will be giving you shit if they catch you down there with chemical persuation blowing hell out of everything.

2 Likes

im sure I have found my cousie’s boat I think his name was eric . he had red hair and carried a big mean arse axe.
as for the nut I keep losing my nuts all the time but they still say im nuts . how sad I don’t care sitting on my sack of seed

1 Like

I think it was from my Viking ancestors (Great grandparents Bjerck and Neergaard) that I got my pillaging, looting and burning instincts but because I am not too mean anything else was by consentual sword point diplomacy.
Didnt the Vikings discover New Zealand - you are probably right because I think it was Eric the Reds father, Thorvald Asvaldsson (I kid you not) who discovered New Zealand - I think he coined the famous phrase “Hvor faen er vi” which more or less means “Where the fuck are we?”
He blamed it on his navigator whom he referred to as ‘Fittetryne’ and at such an insult the navigator apparently said to him " Dra til helvete, Faen ta deg" - After their boat got stove in as the result of a vicous Moa attack they attempted to retrace their steps and ended up discovering Iceland. For this feat apparently the navigator got no thanks because once again he ‘got it wrong’ and history tells us that this time he was promptly bestowed the insult ‘Drittsekk’ - such is the life and times of Eric the Red.

4 Likes