Erics page once again

It was a scratchy sixpence ID on the F75, in an area we have absolutely picked over in the bush, this area has old timber bench seats where they used to watch the swimming and boat races in the old days, but now overgrown with bush, so there signals were far and few between, so dug almost every signal I can lock on to, it was right next to a rotting old tree stump, and in cased in a hard almost rock clump of mud, total surprise, its not a fancy ring or anything but its still old Gold

1 Like

Lol, yeah, still coming out the ground

good to hear, remind him to keep posting ,thanks

1 Like

Like seein those pre 1900 pennys - i will dig one one day.

HH

Last nights hunt in the Christchurch mother park with Kevin Pitt, struck Gold again, 9ct old Gold ring, a wee threepence, and a surface find which I thought was a Junk jewellery bracelet , but when I had a look at home in the light its stamped 925 on the clasp, and a few other bits and bobs.

5 Likes

Great work, you sure are dedicated.

1 Like

Congrats on the Gold Erickd :ok_hand:
I see in the ‘bits and bobs’ a badge and cool heart shaped locket as well.
Go hard over Xmas as I’m sure you will

1 Like

Thanks Iggy, Im not heading away any where over the break so might just lurk around Canterbury, I have some old day picnic spots I want to try.
I have a awesome Christmas too !!

1 Like

Cheers Goldpandemic, I get out when I can, I’m driven to find 12 more silvers before the end of the year, that will round up this years total of silver at 600, 210 down from last year but cant complain

1 Like

Geeze man… easy peasy for the ‘silver king’, you still have nine days of hunting left.
Hope I haven’t just jinxed you, a mighty feat regardless.

Roll on the GOLD.

Shady

Awesome hunt tonight, didn’t expect all this especially from a well hunted park. 8 silvers
1886 Victoria Half crown
1890 Victoria Shilling
1889 Victoria threepence
1898 Victoria threepence
1934 nz sixpence
1943 nz threepence
1933 nz threepence
1937 nz threepence
1906 Great exhibition souvenir medallion
Old Italian religious medallion
Old copper ring
And part of an old medal, has Talent engraved on it.
And of course all the usual penny’s, many of them vickie waiting to be cleaned.

Happy hunting

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces

7 Likes

What is that bangle - silver/pearls?
That is a fine coin there. :new:

Outstanding hunt :ok_hand:Love those early Silvers… you must be real close to your 600 now!

Cheers iggy, yup 1 more silver to go, we are going to give the area another shot tonight

1 Like

It’s all silver, wife’s wearing it now lol

1 Like

Good luck I’m feeling quietly confident :wink:

Results of 2 night hunts and 2 gold rings 1st one 15ct, 2nd 9ct, gold earring 9ct and some silver

6 Likes

Wow what a way to end the year! All the best for the 2017 treasure hunt

Very nice finds Eric, surprised you didn’t find a sov in amongst those silvers back there.

HH