Erics page once again

I’m 100% certain there are sovereigns in that area after finding old 1800s coins and 3 Gold items…might head out tonight and keep.searching

Only a matter of time - i reckon you will unearth one for sure.

HH

1 Like

Yep, 100% certain there’s gotta be a sov there for you Eric

Finds cleaned up from a late hunt in the Mother park with Chris Manning.
lacking on the silver for the start of the year, but made up for it with more Gold.
15 or 18ct fob medallion ( cant quite make it out) weighing in at 18.2 grams with a diamond in the centre, will do some research on the that soon, have posted a photo next to a half crown so you get the idea on size.
2 silvers a 1918 sixpence and a 1873 threepence, watch winder a part of a shield cufflink and the usual pennys and spendies.

12 Likes

Awesome medallion find Eric, very nice.

HH

2 Likes

A once in a lifetime find Eric…stunning. What incredible provenance it will have. Looking forward to seeing what you find out when you research it. Good luck mate.

20 FOR 21, must have been the score they achieved to win that GOLD award - nice.

1 Like

have a look at the small bore gun clubs sparrow would surely mean small,theres one in ch.ch it used to be around the addington area,good luck

1 Like

Excellent find. So you’ve started to vacuum up the gold & diamonds now :slight_smile:

lol yeah, decided I needed a change

Hi Roy, yes I’ve tracked the name down to the styx gun club that used to be in Harewood road , seems there were 3 family members with the same surname in that club, gonna take a lot of ringing lol

2 Likes

That gold medallion is awesome, styx gunclub as far as i am aware is a smallbore shooting club in central otago.I used to be involved with the kyeburn and pateoroa smallbore clubs, no wonder it’s gold, theres gold all around this area!!

Can’t wait till the kids grow up and one day get back to my old hunting grounds, some around the aforementioned places!!!

Good luck out there peeps, from W.A :slight_smile: