Cosmo's finds enjoy

great find cosmo your collection is growing nicely.

1 Like

A few bits today from a road trip. Happy with the 1941 Merc dime.

3 Likes

some silver to show for your efforts.

1 Like

This week’s finds over the last three days. Pennies was the theme and finding it hard to get on a good silver patch. HH&GL

1 Like

if you are finding the pennies it must be a sign that its not been hit too hard,you have to think they must be silvers still there to be found,it looks like they are all land based finds its getting harder to find stuff,that cheaper wonder detector the nox has cleaned up big time.beaches over here are void of allmost of any targets in the water,waiting for the new fisher aqua to invest in,its got to that stage,make the most of any sand movement on the beaches.

1 Like

My uncle John was on the HMS Achilles in the battle of The River Plate. Every December he would come & stay with us & go to the commemorative celebration at Achilles Point in St Heliers. We used to live in Glendowie.

https://nzhistory.govt.nz/keyword/river-plate

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Kiwis don’t know how you got on to the Achilles but on the subject I found a commemorative medalian in hagley some years ago a small bronze ,picture of the ship on it I am sure they will be info on it somewhere

Funny I was thinking about that over the weekend and watched the 1950’s move.

2 Likes

Certainly is getting tough out there. Looking into getting some private permissions hopefully they pay off.

1 Like

I don’t know what has happened here. I thought I was replying to a post you did replying to a find of CosmoCoinage. A ship badge type thing. You mentioned it may have had something to do with the HMS Achillies. Now for the life of me I cant even find that post. :roll_eyes: Egg on my face. Sorry guys. :flushed: I will stick with my gold detecting. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It was may 2018 post # 118 the pocket knife. It’s all good mate no problem here👍

1 Like

Gosh…was that post that far back. Wonder how the hell I even saw it then, considering it was only the other day that I saw it.

Keep up the good work & finds.

Best of luck out there

1 Like

Thanks mate you too👍

1 Like

Well lesson learnt 3 months ago I handed in a 18k ring to the police. I went back today and after waiting in line for 45 minutes was told it was “destroyed” and it was an admission error. Well they failed that test and I will not give them another chance. So since I had the rest of the day I decided to have a stress relief swing and popped a few silver’s.HH&GL.

1 Like

Destroyed? You have to be joking - destroyed my arse. I would be laying a complaint with the commissioner and asking for compensation because legally that was your property in the failure of it being claimed by the party who lost it.

3 Likes

Most likely stolen by the police. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Who the f–k would destroy an 18k gold ring?

3 Likes

Not going to bother I just won’t give them another chance. Apparently it is quite rampant though out the country with my conversations with other detectorists today. Was just a gold band but was still 5 grams of 18k, will just try and find the owners myself next time.

1 Like

Yep…once bitten twice shy. Another good samaritan taken advantage of for doing the “right” thing. It is a sad world.

1 Like

Same here. They generally keep them for about four weeks then send a letter giving you five days to pick it up or it goes in the Police Auction = Consolidated Fund. Twice I’ve been out of town when notice to pick up came. My loss. It’s a pretty poor system which discourages one from handing them in me thinks.

I told the Lost Claim lady what I thought of the system. But But she say’s you must hand those rings in by law. It’s called stealing by finding which is an Nineteenth Centry law which still stands. I said have you got an office for me as I’m close to finding 600 rings now and I’ll probably need to be at the lost claim office about two hours a day. End of story.

1 Like

No attempt was made to contact me either and they had my details which only adds to my frustration.