Claim Poaching Name and Shame

I gues what I’m trying to get at is there is no point in taking photos unless you can capture them physically in the river bed as legally they are allowed there unless its private land however photos of them haveing a go is a whole different ball game

Wheres Jackie Adams when you need him , seemly he hunts illegal gold miners down on his motorbike .

You must of missed the girls in summer up the arrow, I was set up early morning under some willows out of view a few months ago, a white hilux pulls up at the river crossing and three amazingly hot bodied girls get out strip of starkers and jump off the rocks into the plunge pool in front of me :yum: luckily I was given a bit of a show for ten minutes or so before they headed back off. I knew my camo waders would come in handy one day.

8 Likes

Sounds like the best claim money cannot buy !

Agree entirely with the comment re the ‘Miners Right’.
As one nasty spiteful individual on this site said my property has no gold. He did me a favour! I dont have a large poacher problem - not for gold. My poacher problem is hunters! On only three occasions have l caught people gold fossicking on my place, on all occasions with detectors - yes one is a member of this site.
Today l have several cameras courteous of my son, mainly for hunters. My daughter also goes to my property hunting regularly and her friends include two Police Officers. I also have a Police Officer friend who has free access to my place.
In the case of hunters they are given one warning. I have no desire to see a hunter deprived of his firearm licence, hence a warning for first offence then after that…its their own fault.
As for gold fossickers. My partner Henry took out a claim and apparently theres no gold on our claim so the gold poachers will not worry us!

4 Likes

just to clarify, river bed is all that area from bank to bank during highwater freshes, so when folks claim the riverbed, this is the area that they have claimed.

1 Like

lol, and I bet you were all commando while wearing those camo waders.

1 Like

Your claim boundaries are as they are shown on the nzp&m permit Web page. You can claim active river bed, beaches and banks and paddocks and anything else that you like. You then hold exclusive rights to that area. Even if your stated work method is suction dredging it doesn’t give anyone the right to take any gold from your permit area. You can also mine the gold in the river adjacent areas by other methods by whatever methods you choose and get approval for. That said, I’ve always been tolerant of casual panners or sluicers, as long as they don’t take the piss and wear out their welcome.

10 Likes

This map should help make sure you’re not stepping on any toes :wink:

1 Like

Found an old sign once…it read…“poachers will be shot…survivors will be violated”. :laughing::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Is it hanging on your wall?

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

It looks like the gold raiders are a bit older than the ram raiders. Shame on them. The old farts should know better. They would be the first to complain if someone was to stealing off them.

2 Likes

I have an interesting theory about Ram Raiders - their origins became readily apparent when I was talking to someone who had suffered at the hands of these slimeball gutterscum. He referred to them as ‘little shits’.

It was then that I realised the vaste numbers of bum bandits around, also known as pooh pushers. They are all doing nefarious things to each other and as a result produce little shits and this could account for the sudden increase in juvenile crime including ram raids - seems rather appropriate - ‘ram raids’

4 Likes