Mudwiggling through 2019

Yep lead, pretty far gone. Thought they were Indians at first, but on closer inspection turn out to be two mounted cavalry.

Love those Jews Harps - I am pretty certain my wifes a Jew because shes always harping about something.

1 Like

Shame on you for identifying them as Indians - they have to be cavalry because they have been scalped - even if the scalping was an overkill!

Interesting to note that the French introduced scalping as they were paid a bounty on the scalps they brought in as proof of their evil deed.

1 Like

Continuing my new and patented technique for finding site locations today, hit another one and shortened the bucket list again, twice in two hunts. Life is good :slight_smile:

Ties in nicely with a broken spur too
Some nice dateables:
Bottle of Perry Davis Vegetable Painkiller (Opium in ethyl alcohol - that’d stop any pain, I imagine)
And a John Round & Son Banares silver plate spoon.
Both turn of the century., and a scattering of crockery that all tie in nicely.

Hoped I had a Vicky silver, but when I got it home and teased the muck off, turned out to be a worn 10c :roll_eyes:

Couple of oddballs: the round buckle - maybe horse tack? and the brass device has a spring inside to allow the centre rod to rotate, and return to position. Any wisdom on these?

Beer time.

4 Likes

Snap

found one in the river yesterday while walking the hungry pup🙄 congrats on the buckle
 The spring thing tyre pressure gauge? Maybe

Second thought didn’t read it properly no ixeađŸ„ƒ

I’m intrigued! Seems to be working whatever it is :slight_smile:

like the spur ,some good stuff there got some age to it interesting site.the brass piece reminds me of a throttle connecting jointer on an old carb,

Well, so much for the theory. Todays hunt was just a sea of muskies and the usual unidentified brass and copper knick-knacks.
Back to the drawing board.

Could your brass thingy might be an oiler for a sewing machine or something? I have seen one like that somewhere before online but just cant quite remember where.
Something like these

Got the right shape, although the centre pin isn’t hollow. I’m leaning towards a bit of SU or similar carby bit at the moment.

1 Like

Quick hunt after work last night.
Junk junk junk junk junk Gold :slight_smile:
Went home.

7 Likes

Any night with gold at the end is a good night. Well done MW. 9ct x 6 grams?

1 Like

Would have been nice, but only 4.8g

Not upset about missing the odd gram though

looks like its been down there a while,give us a close up when its cleaned.congrats.

Had to shoot down to Whangarei, so threw the ATP in the boot to kill time while Mrs Wiggle had her appointment.
Only had an hour available, and with ridiculous traffic I bailed before reaching my intended spot and hit a patch of grass that I thought would have been well worked over.
Had about 40 minutes left by the time I got sorted, so set the controls for the heart of the sun, well goldies anyway in the hope of cherry picking some easy surface targets.
The round was a surprise, inert and empty. Will look good in the case though.
Walked away from probably a dozen goldies that were well down as they wouldn’t be able to be popped without leaving a muddy halo in the nice lawn.
$16 all up before I got the “Wherethehellareyou?” TXT :laughing:
Not sure what the charm is? Definitely metal, but a nice gunmetal finish - Anyone recognise the design?

@roy1954 The ring came up beauty

2 Likes

great band ,come up nice, gold is starting to edge up,if mr trump manages to keeep his job gold might keep riseinng witch means silver will follow.keep an eye on it.

1 Like

Plan A didn’t work today, neither did plan B
 So ended up at my goto when in that area.
Nothing startling, silver St. Chris and possibly a silver button - once engraved but nothing discernible now.
Moses, Levy & Co. button from mid-1800’s to add to the collection (I would have been the last person to collect buttons, but here I am :roll_eyes: )
Just over 2kg of grey matter.
image image

The ‘Magic’ of electrolysis
 I knew something was in that lump.

5 Likes

must be a decent fishing spot

Another couple of hundred km round trip in search of detectables. Thanks @chris for the heads-up and invite :+1:

More of the same stuff as last hunt, just less of it.
Only one silver ring that has been rolling around long enough to wear it paper thin, silver 6d and what I thought was a grungy 2c turned out to be an 1879 shilling that must’ve been in bed with some naughty iron. Possibly a counterfeit - but why counterfeit such a small value?
image image

4 Likes