Kwikeiths west coast places

Plenty of work coming up in the grapes soon pruning time could make you some good money and being on contract could afford you plenty of time to get out for a pan or swing

2 Likes

AndyClause has given you an ace suggestion Elias - why dont you look into that…then try to renew visa for the summer. You have made lots of friends now and I know some of them will be happy for you to stay on a few weeks.

1 Like

bloody cold out there. I decided that the wear on the old landie wasn’t worth it so I towed the quad to the end of the sealed road then unloaded it and rode the last half hour into where I play in the river. that was great but coming back out when you are wet to the skin and its raining isn’t funny. like I said cold. never mind worth while trip.

got a bit wet today so I built a shelter over the creek so I didn’t get wet. anyone know where I am?

6 Likes

Sure don’t but look’s awesome, an old mill of sorts maybe??

Let me guess what it is - its a brewery? Looks like Lager Beer flowing out from under it - froth and all! I see that the Department of Constipation has laid claim to it - they generally dont know how to make the right decisions and like everything they lay claim to it will fall down.

1 Like

Would that be the fan house at the old Coalbrookdale mine on the Denniston Plateau?

Ha, and they will, they’ll begin by removing a fully functional coal range and replace it with a substandard wood burner, and WO betide if you are in central otago, they’re removed completely, no one can be trusted to light a billy over a fire nowadays even though it was the only way to heat water and cook a meal every day up until 60 year’s ago…

hit the nail on the head KD23. and lammerlaw you are right as well, doc has taken over this massive fan house even locked it up so as you cant see round the back inside.
they are preserving it for future generations. whats wrong with this generation and yes the number of huts that have had fire places removed don’t get me started.

Im all for them removing the fire places, stops loses who are underprepared for a cold night, starting a fire and burning the place down. The homestead at Kippers went up in smoke cos of this, and so did the last wooden hut in Macetown.

3 Likes

Yes that is a point! - a very valid point. Mind you those types of people should not be allowed off their leashes!

Thanks for your advice! Will be looking in to that :+1:t2:

yes I know its in the wrong place
here is some gear surplus to what I need new motor 6.5hp 330lts/min at 160 psi never been used in the river. still on the first tank of petrol also sluice box and hoses . 5" venturie and hose. pm me if interested motor $300 all up any offer over $600 for the lot plus fieght

How much $ on the Sluice box Keith?..I’m looking for one around 310mm wide by 1500mm longish?
Just the tray I want to put some hog mats in it.

hi mal
I will give the box a measure in the morning. its not 1500 long but about 319 wide. I just had one folded for me 1300 long by 275 wide with 150 walls. out of 1.2mm ali $48

hi mal 280mm x 1000mm give or take . if you make 1300 long it will cost less as you wont cut so far into a sheet of ali. personally I’m not a great fan of hog matting but then I’m an old bugger and still use punga branches.

Thanks for that Keith,yep I agree I really should get it folded,my mate is a Ali boat builder so I will get him to fold it up.cheers

1 Like

finally some sun abit weak but it was the sun, took golden boy up Denniston for a detect he came home with almost a gram . snow on the side of the road made it a cold ride on the quad. even colder in the water. I even managed to get some with the pan.

9 Likes

I had a great day at the creek. Water was freezing cold, but that doesn’t stop a real gold miner :cowboy_hat_face: Man were my fingers stiff at the end of the day haha

Thank you Keith for everything. For the gold mining, yummy food and the lovely hot bath in the spa :heart_eyes: I really appreciate your hospitality and it was nice to finally meet you.
Once again, thanks :pray:t2:

4 Likes

finally got things sorted thanks to hose and hydraulic center in greymouth. they can really help if you ask a bit like a budda only give if you ask but what is given is worth its weight in gold. great job
now its a matter of getting everything back on the river .
heres a handy location (haven’t given one out for a while) try the tiger creek just leave my gear alone if you find it

3 Likes