Kwikeiths west coast places

miller table is the best for cleaning up your tailings

got a home made miller table and it works ok but still misses the really fine flour. blue bowl better for picking that up but a lot slower

I just bring the bucket of wash home fill up the wheel barrow grab a stool and wash it with the pan sitting beside the barrow.

it was imported from USA my miller table and it works

I think its winter time. went for a play today nice and fine on the coast but snow on the edge of the creek and ice in the puddles on the road. ā€¦short day but got some colour.

1 Like

keen man. I hope to get out somewhere 1 more time before winter but im too much of a wuss to play in snow and ice:grin:

1 Like

Noooo, youā€™re wrong! Winter is still far awayā€¦ lalalalaā€¦ canā€™t hear youā€¦ lalalalala :hear_no_evil::sob:

1 Like

lol. you havenā€™t picked the best time of year to go exploring.

Well, Iā€™ve been exploring since december, but time flies :roll_eyes: Summer come back, please :pray:

1 Like

Well I just pretend that it is still summer by telling myself that the white stuff all over my lawn and backyard is seagull poop that twenty million migrating seagulls rained down when they passed over in the middle of the night and that its cold because someone left the freezer door openā€¦sad to say it but summer appears to have gone but its due back about October!

1 Like

A backyard covered in seagull poop lol. Too bad Iā€™m leaving in October :disappointed_relieved:

In October you say. I will help you out give me your gold and silver to lighten your luggage you donā€™t need those extra weight fees lol :wink:

1 Like

You can always defer your trip home and then make use of our summer and go home toward next winter. I am like that - compulsive - last year I paid for three airline tickets and never went - I either travelled a week or two early on another flight or deferred it till later because I was having a good time. Be daringā€¦be impulsive. I am sure that you have made lots of friends with whom you can stay.
When the winter is really here then you can go see the museums like in Dunedin here - there are two good ones here. And its criminal not to see Arrowtown - Clyde has two or three great museums as well. Do some tripping and see some of our wonders while metal detecting between timesā€¦why go home?

1 Like

You might want to have a break in Australia. Though you may need to get a prospecting licence (~$100).
Coromandel might also be worth a look around, depending on the weather.
Pleanty of parks and beaches further north.

1 Like

Yes,I was thinking exactly the same thing GoldPandemic,maybe Goldenboy you should ā€¦Hook up with some detector clubs in spend the winter in Aussieā€¦western .or golden triangle your GM should do wellā€¦get some of those desert nuggets and come back in November and do another summer!!..lol!

1 Like

Thatā€™s so kind of you. Give me your address and Iā€™ll dump the loot in your mailbox before leaving :rofl:

Wish I could, but will run out of money before next summer, Iā€™m not that tight lol :joy: Then my visa expires in November, so yeah. Guess I could extend it, but money still is a problem. Will try to find a job as soon as it gets too cold for panning, try to save a bit of money :innocent: Will visit as many museums as possible, already been to the Lake District Museum in Arrowtown, it was just AMAZING!

If onlyā€¦ But, hey, great idea for next NZ trip! Thanks :nerd_face:

Maybe next trip lol :joy: Guess I have to survive winter here somehow, hibernation could that work? :thinking:

Flights to Australia are cheap, and you might get some work there, look into that.

Nelson is a good place to winter over, still cold, but they get the most sun of anywhere, and thereā€™s gold :orange_heart:

1 Like