Kwikeiths west coast places

Can you hear the Buller River in there?

on a little serious note. this is the track up the glasseye to the rough and tumble head waters. feel free to take your cutters and widen it up a bit. it is a old road/track used by the old timers round 1910 to success the stamper/battery . I havnt found the mine yet or the settlement where they lived. pm me if you want a guided tour petrol in my truck will cover the cost of getting there. the red line is a gps line

7 Likes

looks like fun wot have u seen so far you got photos

Hi Kwikeith, if the weather behaves itself this coming week(which so far looks like it will), I will be heading to your neck of the woods. Will spend 2 or 3 nights at Rapahoe, and then head up to Gentle Annie for at least 4 nights. Am tenting by the way. I have a couple of my own wee spots I will be poking around in with the old shovel, pan and sluice box. If the weather was to become poor or I need a break, was wondering if I could run past for a chinwag, and just to say gidday. I am happy for you to communicate with me on my mobile, 027 4363 527, and give me ur address and phone number to arrange a time. If you wish not to, I respect that too. Will keep reading your bits of info. If we do meet we can compare our comparative successes and failures in our vege gardens. Am probably heading to Rapahoe Tuesday 27thFeb. Thanks, Ben.

feel free to pop round at any time phone to make sure I’m home I might be out looking for yellow rocks. phone 7828955 I wont give you my address so you will have to phone to get it. the coffee pot is always on. put the tent up on my back lawn if you like and if the landies out of the workshop ill take you for a sight seeing trip . maybe a walk into the rough and tumble head waters, see map above. look forward to your visit.

Thanks kiwikeith, note taken of your details, will be in touch. Trip out into rough and tumble head waters sounds like my cup of tea. Cheers, Ben.

1 Like

here was yesterdays little walk , found some test pits up on a terrace in the glasseye. just down from the bridge about 100m off the road, waved the detector over the area 1 small nail and a bit of water pipe. lots of old bottles. an area that may require a better look at. refer to the map posted above for more detail.

3 Likes

Noted the map - I just LOVE up a Happy Valley, wink wink…when I was over the Coast at Totara Flat there were a lot of those test pits and also deeper shafts. A bloke fell down one of the deeper trial pits out hunting deer or goats just before I got there and it took him two days to cut foot and hand holds to get himself out according to accounts.

2 Likes

Hi Kiwikeith, just back in Christchurch, would like to thank you and the missus for your hospitality to me the other day when I popped in for a chat. I certainly learned alot, and now know, the only way to have success with finding gold, is to do alot of hard work, digging! Thanks again for all the advice and tips, look forwards bumping into you the next time I am over that way. Cheers, Ben.

thanks for the call in its always good to chinwag about gold. got my truck back today all loaded up and it starts raining . might get wet in the morning feel free to call in any time

Do you know where she bought it please? Going for an explore up North Is…might be useful.

yea its a good one and quite informative got it on my shelf myself

if you go into the bush today you are in for a big surprise. don’t drink the water as they are dropping 1080 up behind my place. so looks like I will be sucking up green pellets. thanks doc always wanted 1080 in my drinking water. after all you don’t put it in your own. no brew up at lunch time

Yeah ive heard they have been based over in karemea this past week bastards who cart it come from blenheim

How long will it take do to cotton on that nz is one of only a small few countries that continues using 1080.
They go on about it being harmless to other wildlife !! Bollocks have seen the results after it has been dropped and perhaps you could invite one of their reps to come for a cuppa useing the wster tgphat has been contaminated by the crap !!
Cheers x-terragold

2 Likes

while there is the big money machine turning they will never stop. this country spends over $200,000,000 on possum control. (I know ive been in the business now retired so can speck out with out losing my job)
nothing anyone can do . I read some pretty hard hitting papers on 1080 and the effect , but they don’t stay on line for long before they are taken down or blocked. I am licensed to use 1080 so apart from the bullshit I normally spout this time its all true.

1 Like

Keith collect a bucket of 1080 pellets and make
a vintage wine a bottle for each of them you,as they
tell us it harmless.Make mine JACK see you in 2
weeks

1 Like

hi au . look forward to your visit. should have my 2nd dredge up and running by then. it rained the the day so it put some water in the creek so was able to dredge. got some colour but spent most of the time shifting rocks,
in a small creek build a holding dam down from where you are working pull out the bigger rocks up stream then while you are back home the water will flush all the fines down into the dam, saves a lot of time shifting fines .

did you get your pump issues sorted keith

yes and no… . what sort of answer is that?
not going to use a 5" anymore (getting to heavy for the old bugger) going to go to a 4" I will still keep the 2" for small places. so, selling 6.5hp motor with 330lts per min and 160 psi along with pipes and fittings and 5" venturie as well as sluice box, most likely looking at round $1200 for the lot, will post some photos one day

1 Like