Kwikeiths west coast places

From all this I have concluded that an exclusive diet of carrots, parsnips and chicken could make one very wealthy after all I know of two instances when a chicken was found with a gold nugget in it, presumable swallowed to aid digestion. Petroleum and Minerals and their banker masters will soon ban the harvesting of carrots, parsnips and chickens and a mining licence will be required to plant a garden or farm chooks.

1 Like

u mean it isn’t already. that nice man on the phone sounded so pleased when I gave my bank details for a gardening license

And you did not check the country code he was calling from?

So If I feed my geese on carrots and parsnips… will they lay…

only golden eggs…

here is my new 5" dredge ive just put together. just got to find someone who will let me use it on their claim. hint hint. as I no longer have my claim never mind , it filled in some time playing in the garage
6.5hp motor 130psi, 330l/min , 42m head so come on baby suck…

3 Likes

At last some one who realises that a good home built dredge is every bit as good as one if those expensive ostentatious commercial ones…great seeing home built.

How far do you want to travel?

Is that header made of the white PVC signboard?

hi lbd
the header is made of plywood with heaps of paint to see if it will work, then I will get it fabricated in aluminum . note the drop off where it comes out off the cone. this is a study of boxes over many years, I still need some roll bars along the length of the box so as the cobbles will roll out. two boxes to make sure nothing is getting through the first if nothing in 2nd box then that can be left at home. got some floats in the shed all I need is the hosing. $$$$$$$$
how far do I want to go ? just down the end of my drive, there is gold in the drain that runs down my boundary but I don’t think the council will like me digging that out. but seriously I will consider all offers on the coast
have a good Christmas keith

with 130psi up your sleeve if the dredge doesn’t work you have a water canon. lol. think 130 is a bit optimistic with 42m head though.

its just what the specs say weight 25kg dry suck from 6m. water cannon well I will blast the bank down

a quick flick round my garden with the detector , bugger me found this cannon

4 Likes

Must of been left there by the old timers by the looks of those stacked rocks ha ha, Merry Christmas keith I hope its a golden one.

1 Like

you have an interesting garden. what will turn up next. any geese. they might lay golden eggs to go with the carrots. lol

on a more serious note:
got an or sum book for Christmas “gold-deposits of new Zealand considered in relation to the comparative quantities of reef and alluvial gold on the various goldfields of the colony” it is by "alexander McKay f. g. s. "

it mentions from the gold round Auckland down to taupo and the king country even wellington
also all the south island. published 1903 just before I was born.

its a reprint and well worth a read

5 Likes

it is so hard to get my caz to take gold mining seriously

7 Likes

Hide a large nugget in the end of the hose and next she’ll be out in the cold river with you!
(you can trick people real well with a painted rock FYI)

got to be fare here she has done her fair share over the years standing behind the dredge keeping the cobbles clear while I was diving. turning the motor off stopping the compressor while I was diving to let me know it was rime for a coffee

5 Likes

Having a member of the opposite sex along gold mining just does not work out for me as I seemed to spend more time with my skin diving suit off lying on the bank either staring at the sky or examining the daisies - sadly those daze are long passed! Shades of the 80s

3 Likes

no wonder she wonders what Ive been up to when I have this big hicky on ma neck

5 Likes

Should have gone to specsavers!!

4 Likes