Kwikeiths west coast places

great day for a walk in the bush. starts at the stevensen creek where the road crosses the creek/ walked over into saddle creek and into the mackley. almost got to plateau creek. the only reason was a bloody deep pool found where the old bridge used to cross the mackley.
one photo looking up stream the other down. not any animals as they have just dropped 1080 every where.
the mackley is said to carry gold along with the others mentioned. didnt try for any .
perhaps I should fly a 8" into the area. (as if I can afford that). knowing my luck I would get caught. so why try.
bloody hot in the mid day sun as its now 23 days with no rain. next trip up to chow flat in the new creek so will keep you all up to date on the history of the great area that I have to live in

9 Likes

great foto, long way day from normal water flows.

yea its raining . well we just got a shower

get out the pan keith. looks like more rain

I wount be able to fly my gear in in this rain. I will have to get the inflatable out to float down to all the good spots.
and its getting heavy as I type
to much to little . to big to small . to hot to cold .

at least with the coast it will be good again in a couple days

1 Like

And a bit over here in Murch so half way between you should be rightā€¦

1 Like

This canā€™t be right." Wetcoasterā€™s", hoping for rain

Nice one Keith. Send that rain up here.

ok it came down in buckets so its all pre packed, there was the odd dog and cat as iy rained cats and dogs as well but the 1080 took care of them

" rained cats and dogs as well but the 1080 took care of them"

Must be time for a cuppa then

out for a walk and bugger me gold just sitting on the rock. better leave it there as I didnā€™t have a permit to take it

3 Likes

Good onya mateā€¦ doing the right thingā€¦ setting the example etcā€¦

Better tell me where exactly so I can avoid it and not be tempted to fall to the same temptationā€¦

up behind myplace. I wonder round all over the place from glasseye creek into the rough and tumble head waters right through to the mackley and the head of the mossy river, all over denniston. so you want to go for a walk just follow me I will get you well and truly lost

speaking of the glasseye here is the track that was there but reopening it up to give access to the stamper in the head of the rough and tumble. the old timers who lived in at the mine used the track to walk out to the road to get there mail and supplies. the start of the track was called biscuit tin corner because thatā€™s what their mail was left in . the mine was down hill from the stamper and went under the creek it has since flooded. will post photo of the stamper when we get thereUploadingā€¦

3 Likes

Now thats one place I never did get to Keith
So Looking forward to pics of the stamper

my good wife has said I have to spend more time in the garden as every time she pulls a carrot there is gold stuck to it. so now ive bean told to plant another 25 rows. apparently for some reason carrots will attract gold so here it is . something to do with colour of the carrot, as it wont work with beet root or parsnips.
bugger no time to walk the hills stay home and dig carrots.
anyone else having the same problem?

4 Likes

and I have heard the bigger the carrot the bigger the gold

Thatā€™s strange I get that problem with parsnips not carrotsā€¦ lost half a tooth on a good sized nugget one Sunday roast sessionā€¦

you would think that parsnips being white the gold would show up better. I find that there should be gold in the meat as for the price you pay for it its gold plated