Cosmo's finds enjoy

Ouch might have to cash up some spendies lol. :moneybag:

1 Like

Went out for two hours after work today found a 1920’s/30’s “the life boy’s” badge (junior boy’s brigade) and three silver’s.

HH & GL.

4 Likes

Quick hunt after work a few coppers and my third military button big one this time. Not quite sure about other, hem weight I think correct me if I’m wrong. Good luck out there.

1 Like

Nice button! Looks like a good spot it will have much more to give up!

1 Like

Thanks. Do you think the vdi numbers would be similar on the atpro and ace series?

I’m not to sure but if that s the case it’s kind of in the junk numbers so as they say you have to dig it all

1 Like

Nice action shot man! Those big forces buttons are cool.

1 Like

Another passing through dig in Timaru, always happy with an 1800’s penny. Good luck out there.

Sorry forgot the action shots.l

7 Likes

Awesome result there man! Gotta luv old coinage & big silver. I’ve done a bit of detecting in Timaru, have you had a sniff around the old showgrounds? Still plenty there if you can find the ground in the big grass.

1 Like

Thanks buddy. No have not tried the old show grounds yet but that’s my second half crown from same area if only I had more time but had to drive back to chch.

Nice one Cosmo big silver is awesome! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thanks. It rang up as a $2 coin at 5 cm deep but was on edge closer to 10 cm a pleasant surprise.:grinning:

Quick swing after work $2 and this ww2 cap badge on way back to car, love it.:star_struck:

5 Likes

Cool find man, even has a wee bit of gilding left on it.

1 Like

Hey folks went out for a couple of hours, hard going today got two bits of silver a little .925 ring and a 1934 thrup. Good luck out there.

5 Likes

Here is my results from last night and this morning. Two Vicky pennies (one bun type but slick as no date other 1901), one George v no date, two George vi one 1938 other is 1946 nz. Two halfs a 1935 British and an Australian one (no date) and a 1943 shilling. A silver plated spoon and a silver bangle ( 80% sure), fire service buttons ( 1950s I think), buckle and copper hair clip with fake stones. The pound note was given to me by a work mate. Good luck out there, till next time.

5 Likes

Awesome, keep at it. Love those finds!

1 Like

Nice haul Cosmo, good work

1 Like

Hi Cosmo just curious was your hunt site anywhere near a Anzac parade site the 3 fireservice tunic buttons had me thinking

1 Like

Not that I know of but I have been told the local fire station used to train there. It is a massive domain but golf course takes up half::unamused: