Cosmo's finds enjoy

Cheers Roy we’ll give it a go when your up for it all the best bud.

Out on mud flats over the weekend here’s my results from two hunts.
Hunt one.

Hunt two.

And this I found travelling down south a fortnight ago 99% sure it’s a flintlock pistol trigger guard.

Happy hunting and good luck out there.

3 Likes

Any markings or numbers going to look cleaned up

1 Like

Good finds. I think that’s the trigger guard from Tamati Waka Nene’s musket. It came off the gun when he belted shit out of one of his wives when she took her time getting home with the fish and chips and he had to have his tea cold or did it come off when he pulped one of Hongi Heke’s henchmen out on the mudflats.

Definitely interesting…a choice find.

2 Likes

Can’t see any numbers or letters. However there is some design on it, got to do a bit more cleaning on it.

Was not that far from a Pa site so possible :wink:.

Wow good going man, that’s a fair bit of treasure outta there & a baby stargazer as well Yum!!

1 Like

Cheers soilsurfer. I put the stargazer back was to small, he was lucky I didn’t cut him in half with the scoop.

1 Like

Some nice finds there and some of those silvers appear to be in really tidy condition

1 Like

Cheers fisherman, yes the shilling and the pre 1920 ones are good but the 50/50 thrups are brittle as.

Is it the salt playing havoc with them?

More than likely is.

Out for an hour and a half after work yesterday found a few goodies. A 1912 sixpence, 1921 shilling & sixpence, 1917 Australian penny, 1937 British penny and 1964 florin surface find.
HH&GL.

5 Likes

Nice job on the silver… Give you a laugh I’ve only found 2 nz shillings (pre 46) they seem to hide from me

1 Like

Nice silver trifecta Cosmo & all British! Was the surface florin on the mud?

1 Like

Thanks soilsurfer. Yes it was.

Thanks. This is my third British shilling only downside is same date as last one. British florin still eludes me maybe this year.

2 Likes

Out yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours, same spot as last time. Found part of a .925 necklace, 1922 thrup, 1944 & 1946 nz sixpence, 1901 half penny,1922 penny,1950 nz half penny, 1948 shilling (crupo) & 1954 nz sixpence (crupo). HH&GL

4 Likes

Looks like a spot worth revisiting Cosmo you’ve turned up some nice silver there - the silver nz florin is currently top if my coin wish list

1 Like

Well I took a mental health day today and hit a new spot. Finds included 1857 large penny ( my first largie), KG3 shilling (99%), 2 Vicky shillings,2 Vicky sixpence, .925 pendant and chain. Heaps of coins 14 of which were in 1800’s and best silver day (11) needless to say I will be going back. HH&GL.

5 Likes