Cosmo's finds enjoy

Thanks Roy one year and 4 days. 4 days over my goal but who’s counting.

I’ve set my goal very low to avoid any depression :grin: I set it at 1

2 Likes

Hey guy’s here is the result from last two hunts. 1888 half penny was a nice surprise from the 1 & 2 cent pieces today.

Happy hunting and good luck out there.

2 Likes

nice silvers getting harder cosmo,will think about plan B

1 Like

Hey guy’s tried a new bit of water out today nothing fantastic but had a nice day out. One small silver earring, two stainless rings a few spendies and assorted lures.

And trash

3 Likes

Sweet Cosmo I had a hunt on a small tourist beach on the low the sand was only 100 mm to bedrock was expecting to Hoover ring after but zilch but have a look at next post

Out with Roy today few bits and Bob’s.

4 Likes

piper button cosmo.good one

Hey guy’s here is my finds over weekend, this is Friday and Saturday. Crook as a dog so didn’t stay out for long.

And Saturday.

4 Likes

Nice going there CC
HH

1 Like

Can’t see anything wrong with those hunts. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks guy’s, silver chain was a lucky find was digging pull tab signal underneath it.

Some great finds…I sure feel for you being as crook as a dog…I hate those days out when your crook but having success at something you like doing where you like doing it and you push yourself too hard with the result that it sure doesn’t help you get better faster. On a few occasions I went out with the bug, overdid it, got wet, got cold…and spent the next few days in bed. I just live those silver coins you’ve found.

1 Like

Thanks Lammerlaw, finding silver’s makes me feel better mentally but you are right there spent all Sunday in bed trying to recover. I think my favourite find was the cross which is a 1914 half penny that’s been cut, think that has a story if only it would tell me.

I wonder if the cross was made by a soldier heading overseas. It does make sense as many would be a bit apprehensive about their future and a little religious symbol to bring luck could we’ll have been made by the soldier or some one close to him to wear. I found a penny that had been flattened and inscriptions scratched into it with my detector in the 1980s and it was under a huge tree where returned convalescing soldiers used to sit. It was also accompanied by the remains of a fibre identity disc so definitely a soldier creation . I am guessing that yours is to. A good find.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking too.

Popped out for a quick hunt hoping for a silver coin but .925 ring will have to do. Victoria police force button was an interesting find back was smashed to bits which was a shame.

And trash

3 Likes

Nice finds Cosmo love the button

1 Like

nice assortment cosmo

1 Like

Thanks Roy had to give the compact a shake but just the usual broken mirror bits. One day I will find one with something in it.