Cosmo's finds enjoy

Hi Cosmo did you make it from scratch?

Well back from my first ever water hunt, didn’t drown the ace which is good. Lots of targets found a few pennies oldest being 1902, 1926 thrup, two junker rings and a cool lead soldier. Scoop worked a treat.

Got bag of tin foil and pull tabs too. Happy hunting and good luck out there.

3 Likes

Sure did, well I made the bits up and work mate weld it up. I work at a place that makes hot water cylinders so plenty of scrap stainless, I still have to ask for permission.

Well seems to work like a shop one well done was your hunt in fresh water?

1 Like

Yer was in fresh. Ace don’t like salt water.

Another water hunt today got some goodies. 8 half’s oldest being 1905 & a 1925 oz , 9 pennies ( gave two New Zealand ones to some kid’s) oldest being 1879, 37 cents old decimal and 60 cents spendies. 3 bits of silver halfcrown made my day…then found out I lost my pinpointer, bugger at least it was a cheapo. Still had a great day, happy hunting and good luck out there.

P.S I am only 5 silver coins away from my goal for my first year detecting of 100.

4 Likes

Nice one Cosmo. Lost an odd pinpointer myself in the tide. Get the ones with the bungi cord and attach it to your belt with a snapclip or similar. Some of the pinpointer hoisters are just velcro and come undone. I rivet mine and feed the belt through. Haven’t lost one in last 3 years (touch wood).

HH

1 Like

Thanks, had a cord on it for first three months or so but got sick of it twisting up, foresight me thinks not lol. Dunked my ace too worked fine for half hour or so then started playing up. Dried out now and all good thank god as I haven’t got my nox money just yet.

halfcrown came up good.

1 Like

Yes cleaned up pretty good, bought a new pinpointer tonight now the wait for it to turn up.

1 Like

That scoop sure is paying off well done

1 Like

Vry nice silvers Cosmo, esp like that half crown !! Niiice

1 Like

Out on river again today bunch of coins oldest being 1920 Australian penny. Found my first silver ring in water little .925 with ruby chip and some sort if badge with hall marks I must research. Find off the day was my pinpointer I lost last week lol.

Happy hunting and good luck out there.
P.S. badge/ broken pendant is Birmingham marked sterling1908.

1 Like

The badge looks like a typical fob watch chain medalion - nearly always Silver, or gold or a combination.

1 Like

Thanks was trying to work out what it is, now to work out the monogram on front.

Hey guy’s was picking up my boy from Timaru today was 40 minutes early so thought I would go for a quick swing at my favourite park there. Here is what I found, I have never been skunked there.

Happy hunting and good luck out there.

2 Likes

Nice you have to love those grounds that just keep on giving!

1 Like

Sweet Cosmo I haven’t found a florin in a long time

1 Like

I’ve been to this park four times and found 3 big silver’s there, 2 half crowns and that florin plus smaller one’s.

1 Like

Haha don’t say to much everyone will rush to Timaru!