Cosmo's finds enjoy

Some really cool finds Cosmo. Are you getting all of this in one particular area or is from a number of different areas? Either way it certainly is turning up some excellent finds. Keep up the good work

1 Like

Thanks x terra. Yes most of my finds came from hagley park

WOW! Hagley seems to be the Treasure Whale that never stops giving.

Awesome, I was getting some great finds from a local domain until the fun police showed up and stopped me !! Even though they said I was doing a great job filling my holes, etc they couldn’t give me permission be abuse then they would have to let everyone do it. Didnt really think they would get an avalanche of people coming to dig up their precious soil but what would I know !! Just a little bit sneaker about when and where I do it there now, lol.

1 Like

Yes had a few run in’s with fun police. Had some soccer mum come over at hagley and ask if I was allowed to “do this”, I told her it was fine as long as I filled in my holes. “We will see about that I’m calling the council” she leaves, about 20 min later a council park ranger comes walking over. “I’ve had a complaint about a gang of rude metal detectorrests ( Roy and I make a gang…ok)” after seeing what I was doing he was fine, told me his name and to send any complaints his way. Yes score one for the little guy.
That wouldn’t be ashburton domain would it?

3 Likes

Wouldn’t like to name names in case of recrimination!!!

But yes it certainly was. Staff I had requested permission from were all cool about it, jst one of the bigger cheeses happened to see me and decided to get his power fix for the day !!

1 Like

I don’t think that’s all ‘junk’ in that recent pic - Looks like you’ve got a wheel off a turn of the century kids toy pram or similar…

And that could be a loom shuttle, lower right.

1 Like

Maybe, It not a shuttle its a golf putter head.

Had some nice finds in that domain when im passing through. M… square coughed up a few pre decimals too. Local policemen watched me at m… for 10 minutes then drove away.

Today’s treasure.

Happy hunting and good luck out there.

1 Like

Hi Cosmo like the Micky badge on my hit list

1 Like

cool micky looks like hes looking for minnie.

1 Like

Ahh, see the stub of shaft now (and in my defence, I don’t play golf :yum:)

1 Like

Film the “angry concerned citizens” next time - that way you can show to the “authorites” you were very polite.

Love the two shillings next to each other :+1:

1 Like

Hey guy’s a few bits and bobs from last three hunts. First British military button 1900/1925 , two junk rings , first intact valve stem , 1891 penny and silver’s.

Just finished making my own stainless scoop gonna try it out this weekend can’t wait.

5 Likes

scoop looks good some good stuff there.

1 Like

Very nice scoop, welldone.
Those are some good finds, hope you get some more.

1 Like

I like the scoop - well done.

1 Like

Took me ages to identify the valve cover that I found but ive seen quite a few more since, some nice coins as well, well done. The scoop looks the business I,m sure it will work just fine !

1 Like

Well done CC
Good luck with the scoop.
HH

1 Like