COMPETITION North Island Vs South Island - EXTENDED

A few more from the South. I particularly like the old toy aluminium cast 1/2 track vehicle. Also dug my first old button but I don,t know if the bullet shaped thing is a projectile that had a wing each side which I doubt or if it is the head off a fishing lure, any thoughts ?
The years of the coins are as follows
1 Penny - 1887
1/2 Penny - 1898
old 10 cent - 1977
2 cent - 1967, 1973, 19??
1 cent - 1967, 1975, 19??
Good luck out there and keep om swingin !!

4 Likes

Bizarre militaria collection there, and two pre-1900’s! Good shooting Tex! :slight_smile:
Wondering if the bullet thing is the top off a pen (sticky-out bit is the stub of the clip?)

Kate

Decent colonial coins there.
That cast toy is a very nice trinket, and I see you have the Detecing Key!

Did you show me your button cos I had shown you mine first !! How naughty.
Cheers for the comments, certainly there is a range of goodies. I,m surprised at how many bullet cases and projectiles I,m getting from this very public place. Also l really like finding those old coins which this place has a quite a few of but they are distributed over a very large area !!
Like you finds, silvers are always nice!!

Aah yes the old detecting key, unfortuneatly I didn,t find the cash box it opened but will keep on looking !! The cast toy is now one of my favourite finds, I think its awesome. Each to their own, ay ?

2 Likes

I think a lot of parks etc were used pre/during the wars as firing ranges for practice - anywhere there were a few hundred flat yards without any trees.

1 Like

Not sure wot i was sayin there.
Obviously we need a dislike button other than a like one… ha ha
Cheers

:beers:

1 Like

It’s funny how the smallest things can become the pride of your collection.
One of my favourites is a battered die-cast space shuttle, a snapshot of history that my lifetime has seen come and go.
My grandmother as a 16 year old saw the Wright Brothers make their first flight, and also watched Armstrong step on the moon.
How awesome is that?

1 Like

True. Some of my favourite finds are made of lead.

RACIST!!! :joy::laughing::yum::grinning:
@gavin did you read that??
:grin::laughing::joy:

I thought you might actually have a genuine reason for not liking old British silvers @Shadyshane :blush:

Ha ha, definately a Shady post there…
I dig British coins - specially the older Vicky ones.

1 Like

Todays finds for the Comp

Had some time this afternoon to go for a hunt. What a difference two or three weeks can make to the weather, today it was 16 -17 degrees, sunny with a gentle breeze. Excellent for a look around. Picked a new area to explore within my larger hunting pozzy and these are what I came up with.

Not sure what the bell thingy is, wasn,t until I was cleaning it that I found the small ball hanging inside. The butterfly thing is either a brooch or some sort of pin on ya thingy. A round piece of lead, a rivet and the coins are as follows
1 Penny UK - 1916, 1936
1 Penny NZ - 1946
1/2 Penny UK 1919
1 Penny NZ 1941
6 Pence UK 1875
1 cent 1967, 1967, 1973, 1983
and yes its a current 20cent 2006, not for the comp!!
Most impressed with the 1875 6 pence, awesome find.
Keep on swingin

3 Likes

Oh yeah the small pendant is realy hard to see what it is een under the magnifying glass. Looks like a figure with wings or something along those lines. No letters or marking at all .

1875 - Awesome find !

Looks like could be Zarathustra (Zoroastrians). Alternatively the double winged image looks Persian.

Thanx KT, love diggin those silvers ay

Great finds, you’re in to win!
Love that owl and the brooch thing.

I spent three and a half hours cruising mudflats the other morning for nothing, zilch, nada… not even a sporadic flicker .
Is there a prize for wasting petrol and electricity? :laughing:

I need new mud.

Tell me about it.
Then you come home REKT and have to clean the mud off all your equipment.

Quick trip out started on the grass in front of our school (spose to be a certain $2 coin with a cross on it)…then out to the river