COMPETITION North Island Vs South Island - EXTENDED

[quote=“chris, post:102, topic:1765”](spose to be a certain $2 coin with a cross on it)[/quote] It’s there… :wink: At least, it was.

Is that a whistle?
I see you got one of those wrapped sinkers - perhaps a local roofer made them.
Unwrapped mine to melt, found it had brown paint on the reverse - recycled roofing.
Quite ingenious really.

Silent dog whistle, most people use the plastic acme ones now.

1 Like

Nice haul there Chris, a wide selection. I went for a quick dig on Sunday and these were my finds.
1 Penny UK - 1891
3 Pence UK - 1906
The rest speak for themselves !!
Still a good way to spend some time doin this, you just never know quite what you,ll dig next.
Keep on swinging

1 Like

oops heres the photos.

2 Likes

Nice dates on those coins.
I agree, there have been some very nice finds for the Best Find category.

Just as a matter of interest on what date does this competition end ?
Cheers

[quote=“X-TerraGold, post:109, topic:1765”]Just as a matter of interest on what date does this competition end[/quote]It doesn’t - It’s all part of Pandemics cunning plan just to get people off the keyboards and out there detecting :laughing:

Or, to put it another way:

1 Like

Damn, you’re on to me, I was going to keep extending it indefinitely, that way I could keep all the lovely prizes for myself :slight_smile:

A cunning stunt, I would imagine :wink:

The result of a couple more days of swingin the stick for the comp, minus the present day coinage of course !!
UK Penny - 1922
UK 1/2 Penny - 1920,1905
UK 3 Pence - 1922,1902
NZ Shilling - 1960
NZ 10 cent - 1977
NZ 5 cent - 1975, 2001
NZ 2 cent - 1967,1967,1973
NZ 1 cent - 1967
USA 1 cent 1983
Badge of 1st Regiment New Zealand Infantry
Very hard to make out but there is a Athletics Medal with letters A,S,C intertwined
on one side. Can only make out the word " BY " on reverse side.
A Dog Collar Tag complete with microchip ready to be scanned but the cunning pooch has dumped the electronic neck beacon and made a run for it i think !!
Plus a few other assorted bits of ditrus.

2 Likes

Pulling some good finds there - Love the regiment badge!

Yeah it’s a nice find. Very brittle , had a flat pin on the back which parted company from the main body when I dug it !! Bugger it all ! Still nice all the same

Love those old colonial coins.
The Athletics metal is nice.

You could always give us a total for your spendables - always nice to hear detectorists getting a small wage from their hobby.

By the way, currently the North Island is Winning, but the lead has narrowed.

Found one of those dogtags a few years ago - always keep meaning to take it into the vet to get it scanned, just out of interest.

@GoldPandemic - I was going to submit this mornings goodies, but will refrain and hopefully close the gap a bit to make it a bit more interesting :slight_smile:

C’mon Southerners - @X-TerraGold is taking on the NI almost single-handed :muscle:

1 Like

Down on the river this morning tide was still high but was my only chance today. still found a handfull of 5/10 cents the dates match ones I’ve already submitted happy with the 925 aussie 3d

4 Likes

Nice Aussie.

Your water’s a damn sight cleaner than mine at the moment!

Amazing. Do you have a waterproof detector?

Tried this beach for the first time this morning, Bob’s Bay low tide, not too bad a haul but expected a lot more older coins considering the history here, The spoon had “SILTONA” made in England stamped on it and a number 10 and a B or a crown? Mixture of coins to add for the South Island, interesting 100 Peso from Chile and my first silver ring.

4 Likes

Cool, did you venture into the water at all? That’s where all the sovereigns have washed to :smiley:

Any more details on the silver, halmarks, are you going to clean, is it plain band???