Back out on the river

Small pintle?

Find of the day has to be that old schnapps bottle though.
Might see you down there on the next big tide

3 Likes

I think your on to it with the rudder …the bottle dates from 1850–1880 I donated all my collection to our library so once clean will pass it on

1 Like

Was hoping for alot of sand movement with the huge swell coming in unfortunately it was the wrong way around took a bit of the overburden off and deposited it with seaweed so back to the estuary had a quick look where a new seawall was built and pulled $15 and a a few decs from the stripped topsoil then followed the tide down 1921 penny and the usual oddball stuff

4 Likes

Nice, enjoying your thread Chris, keep em coming

Down on estuary at first light produced a couple of silver’s the brit is heavily worn and can just pick out some faint markings not sure on the age of the pump plate was giving a funny signal on the excal and almost didn’t dig …the ink well eyeballed and will look good in our schools history cabnet

4 Likes

Quick Hunt on the way home pretty mint 26 sixpence and a ?

4 Likes

Nothing to flash today spent an hour on the low removing targets so when the summer tourist arrive it will be quicker to scoop the gold

2 Likes

Had a bloody shock this morning I had left my excaliber at the beach yesterday … I had lent it on a log and started yarning to a bloke then i just drove off. We’ll raced back down and there she was :grinning:

3 Likes

Glad it was a happy ending!

That’s got to be worthy of some sort of Numpty-of-the-Year award :joy: Bet a few choice words were said as you drove at a sedate pace well within the speed limit to see if it was still there.

Haha the moment I realised what id done I got that feeling you get when the love of your life tells you she’s leaving😢 anyway coming up in the morning can you send a pic of where I might find a button

1 Like

Ya can’t beat a day off …and a day on the water arrived early and had to sit for 2 hours and watch the tide slowly retreat worth the wait 3 58th regiment buttons and a tile I believe next spot 925 bracelet a 50s Swiss watch stainless ring

6 Likes

3 x 58’s in one hunt. Wow.
I have one from an Auckland beach. Seems like they got around a bit
back in the 1840’s.

MK

1 Like

You’re a machine Chris, love it.

Had a bit of a hunt at a spot ive hit a lot in the past still produces but getting harder nz forces button made the afternoon

5 Likes

Vintage ISIS membership badge ???

2 Likes

1930’s 20? piastres - probably came back in a pocket after WW2. Weird one to come out of the mud!

1 Like

Came from paddock not far from Ngu date fits the site ive pulled quite a few coins around that date if your keen il pm the site its rock hard at the moment but your AT would love it

1 Like

Thanks for the offer, but I’m detectorless down country at the moment.

1 Like

iam guessing turkish has some guilding on it,looks ww1.