Back out on the river

I’ve found a few of these disks in the same area this is the first with something on it 1940-1960 gaming token

2 Likes

Working 9 2 5 what a way to make a living…

2 Likes

Tides were not good this morning so hit the grass edge 3 penny spill with 1919 Aussie best score

4 Likes

hi chris,1919 ozzie penny can be worth a bundle, the double dot penny is the one to have check on the web where to look on the coin for the dots one above halfway and one below halfway.good luck

1 Like

1 Like

Hi Roy the oz penny in bad shape no chance of any dots the soil up here eats them yet the the black mud/sand seems to preserve trying to clean up a early 1900,s Schrader tyre gauge I found today

1 Like

Nice work, good finds on that grass edge.
Any chance of some better photo’s of your old silver ring.
More details on the inscription/hallmarks?
Will you clean it?

Can’t see any hallmark like I said it’s pretty crusty it came from a funny part of the river not black mud but yellow/blue clay just below the surface

3 Likes

I was actually meaning the wide band you found a couple of weeks back.

Very nice thread Chris, what make / model detector do you use ?

stamped lustre 925 Stirling

4 Likes

Hi I’m using a minelab excal

Few bits an bobs this arvo

5 Likes

Awesome stuff Chris, keep the pics coming!

Find of the morning was a clay pipe also another gaming token

1 Like

nice pipe i think the shorter the bowl and stem the later it is

As I understand it (it been a while) the thicker the stem and the smaller the hole, the earlier.
Also, the angle of the bowl, more upright = later. Although you’d be extremely lucky to find a low-angle bowl in NZ as they were pretty much out of fashion by the early 1800’s

Had some very nice bowls as a kid in the UK, but they don’t last long in a 10 year olds possession!

1 Like

Any idea on this it’s cast bronze I think maybe something to do with logs as there was a mill next to the beach

2 Likes