Back out on the river

Hard to tell but may be a .32 rimfire for the likes of hte old Stevens Favorite or 1893 Marlin - came in both .32 Short and .32 Long - that was standard - there were others like .32 extra Long etc.

There was also a .30 Rimfire but it would not be one of them as they are like hens teeth.

Going by the size of it compared with a .22 it is hardly likely to be a .25 Stevens short, long or extra long.

It could also be faintly possible for it to be a .32 Centre fire Smith and Wesson projectile.

1 Like

Always great trying a new beach first target musket ball then spent half an hour pulling my daughter out of the mud… 1876 penny is completely rotted but date still readable 42 sixpence in good nick I think the decritive thing might be for a scarf as for the whiskey top looks old

3 Likes

You win again…dammit
(And I think I have the other half of your folding rule hinge :laughing: )

Glenfiddich single malt whisky first ran from the stills on Christmas Day, 1887.

2 Likes

Very short hunt this Arvo… now I like finding parts of my areas history and part of an writing slate across from the school was a real bonus

5 Likes

Love that slate! Real personal history.

Thought it was a roof tile and just about “skimmed” it but saw the etching. Most likely from the school but also used on early ships

Could be off Mendonca’s ship when he sailed down the East Coast in 1522.
Or one of Mukiayaten ships in the 1170’s

You just never know!!

HH

We think alike I think

Or even maybe from Abharah circumavigation expedition to NZ in 790AD.
Now wouldn’t that be something. :wink:

HH

Any ideas on a whatzit

1 Like

Looks like a cigarette lighter to me.

Was sorta thinking the same got that look about it

Pull hinged top to the right - turn upside down and hold tightly - smack the top onto a hard surface, a rock is ideal - count to three and throw

Looks like a ciggy lighter to me but when you identify it we all want to know - probably because we all want to make the right guess!

1 Like

Chucked it up on FB and seems to be general consensus that a lighter it is

Just watched a video on one working trench art lighter

2 Likes

Bit of daylight left on the way home so managed a quick hunt first target Jews harp

5 Likes

Interesting find Chris, love finding something different.

Cheers Cosmo to be honest I thought they were for tuning till I researched it

cool find never found one of those,wonder if there was music written for them things,lol

Another quickie scored a Vickie and that was about it

2 Likes