Back out on the river

Pretty wrapped with today’s hunt a lot of old broken glass and pottery exposed on arrival …after a few leadheads a worn 1876 thrup then 22 penny more lead an copper…but a 5c signal turned out to be something on the bucket list mint 1872 half sov

13 Likes

What can I say… Other than well played old chap. :clap::clap:
Have to reset the hour meter back to zero now for the next one.

Always dig those Fat 5’s

Cheers mate my heart gave a disturbing flutter

1 Like

That’s friggin awesome buddy well done.

Thanks mate found in a place I’ve hunted many times looked like an inch of overburden was gone and a lot of targets

1 Like

Now that my kind of money. Chris you are setting the benchmark at the high end. Congrats and well done.

HH

1 Like

great score looks a good one.

Cheers I knew one was there just took 3 years to find it.,.,.

2 Likes

Fantastic, you’re killing it!

1 Like

I can only say that I am jellyarse…great find…well done.

Took a drive to check any rain damage this morning every beach had a torrent of brown water spewing but one small one in the harbour had lost half a metre of shingle through wave action leaving a couple of areas with only a inch or so of sand then the hard pan

plenty of targets including fat 9k and diamond one nice silver and a junka and a assortment of decimals lead and brickabrack

8 Likes

looks to have a bit of weight on it,cool…

1 Like

Good stuff. I drove 180km today only to find every spot full

Need a few goodies for that sorta K,S

Cough…70c in old decimals. Swings and roundabouts. All good fun trying to work out where the gold is likely to be accessible.

(Sure that junker is? I’ve got a 925 which is very similar)

Had a quick hunt between heavy showers found a 4 coin spill in the high sand and my old friend the door nob there was an old hotel upstream that burnt down in the 30,s from memory might explain why I find so many

3 Likes

Had a couple of hours in the mud and sand I’ve been showing the young fella how to use the Shepard’s whistle he reckons it tastes funny😅 1879 penny with gunshot wound

6 Likes

4 coins today 4 different monarchs (Vickie 1882) any idea on the clip thing bottom left ?? Some huge lumps of lead for the scrap fund

3 Likes

The clip thing is from an army uniform and is a ‘WW1/WW2 British Army Service Dress Khaki Drill Brass Uniform Belt Hook’

2 Likes

More help LL …thanks the belt clip spot on projectile today the .22 as a guide

1 Like