Back out on the river

Love Victorian silver, well done chris.

nice vicky good work

New spot this morning was rather quiet at first then I found an area with a lot of old glass and pottery full of targets the 1876 penny gave an age indication of the mud.next coin 1903 penny then my second Jews harp (pictured next to the first) they clean up nicely sadly no silver but they will be there

5 Likes

Superb result. Love it.

the 76 has an H underneath the date heaton mint,worth a bit more the 75 is mega bucks

Okay, for the first time ever, I finally googled Jews harp.

I have some issues reconciling the early settlers grooving with this! :rofl:

1800’s techno rave!

4 Likes

Bit like finding a NZ trup and a quick rub seeing 34/36 still heading back soon for the silver hey congrats on the groats next on my hit list

1 Like

Strange sound alright quite hard to put an age on them but must be around 1900 I would think

1 Like

They would have been coming out here with the whalers and sealers etc, I would probably put yours at late 19th C. Probably from the scows/mining era?

1 Like

ciggy lighter, these were an alternative to the reliable zippo.

Thanks for that I saw a vid of a working one pretty awesome what you can make out of shell casings

This is a WW2 nautical divider, is this more like you found?
Jews harps don’t have a hinged top

If you zoom in on my pic you will see it’s not hinged but an indent … wouldn’t mind finding some dividers though

Mate, with your batting average way up at the moment, I predict your next post will go something like “Drove past a spot with the detector pointed out the window, found some WW2 nautical dividers…” :laughing:

Might have to roll the trousers up and go beyond Redband depth for those though. I’ll drag you along the bottom behind my kayak this summer :wink:

3 Likes

Well goal is willy 1V coin…on holiday next week but if the westerly continues be chasing winter snapper instead of history

1 Like

Nah, I reckon next will be spanish silver :laughing:

2 Likes

Had a look on the low between showers 1876 thrup made up for getting damp and cold …a broken
Jews harp found close to one I found a few weeks back the round brass piece looks to be off binoculars

4 Likes

i you breeding them,nice vicki

Nice little collection…I take it the Snapper weren’t biting then? :smile:

1 Like

Damn! Thats a nice date thrupence, looks in pretty good nic too.
If that’s a sparkplug I see - do investigate to see if it has a platinum group metal tip.