A morning in the life of a detectorist

Look, just cut it out will you? It’s hard enough finding roundy goodness as it is without all this nonsense :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Sorry MW, but I just have this mental state for rings. Metallic type that is. Can’t get enough.
The missus says I have an affliction for them. Tried distracting me with drink, doctors, and all sorts of other things I can’t mention here. None worked. So sorry but the verdict is I’m a lost cause.:laughing:
HH

Yip I’ll put my hand up once you find that first gold ain’t no going back but a few 925, keeps the addiction at bay

1 Like

Here’s another handful from the last few days. Now I reckon that they may be coming from some celestial body just like Lammerlaws micrometeorite and just happen to land in my scoop. Might check my roof. No sign of Au lately. Must have gone awol.
Cheers

2 Likes

I will have a word to Big Boss upstairs and ask him to guide you to three gold rings next time you are out after a hot weekend when everyone is at the beach.
I used to like hot weekends at the beach but sadly no one is interested nowdays and little blue pills give me migraines so that the hot weekend at the beach would end in misery!

2 Likes

By the looks of those things, I think it may be some dark entity from the netherworld! :scream:

2 Likes

Hi Lammerlaw,
I to avoid the hot weekends when everyone is one the beach also when I can due to a bad experience.
I was swinging away avoiding eye contact as you do when I noticed a rather large foreign lady eyeing me up. Then she started to approach. Hell what do I do now, maybe tell her I’m quite happily married with 15 children or something along those lines. Next thing she’ right beside me. She would have been about fifty and from East Europe and built like one of those Pro wrestler.
Now I don’t want to offend anyone but she was not pretty. Turns out she had a request. Could she (in broken English) take her “False Teeth” out and lay them on the sand for me to detect over while she took photos of the said subject to send back to a friend in Europe. Well what could I say as by this time I’m near pissing myself and speechless at the same time.
Out come the false teeth and placed on the sand. If she was ugly before then the situation has just got twice as bad with no teeth in her head. I do my swinging and she click her camera then I’m out of here.
I still have nightmares!!
HH

3 Likes

Hi Musketballs - I love it - You have to watch these exotic wahines. I think you may have missed the point depending on where she came from. You may have also missed out on a ‘Grand Day at the Beach’ - Is that Wallace and Gromit? Sort of like the mating dance of the Siberian polka dotted mayfly. in this case the lady may have been taking her teeth out to indicate her willingness to perform one of those interesting rituals which leads up to the mating act and you, my friend, was the subject of her intentions. I do believe that you may have passed up a unique opportunity to cement foreign relationships to a level that our government could never achieve though it could have been rather embarrassing if, at a later date, she turned up on your doorstep, with triplets.
Some of those Eastern Europe women do appear to have too many male hormones though and I cant say that I find them unduly attractive, especially now that I dont drink copious quantities of alcoholic beverages.
If she has false teeth she must have been related to me because I am a Gummy Bear…or is that Gummy Bare?

1 Like

Her name was Ulga, if you want to look her up Lammerlaw. Best of luck with that one.:rofl:

Ah Olga who is Vulgar - or should that be Olga from the Volga? Sadly I must decline the kind offer, mainly due to the fact that Russian about is hazardous to the health especially when Mr Olga turns up on the scene and finds his wife being ob-scene. He could quite likely call his mate Mr Putin who, having inherited a certain manual on 'Ten Thousand ways to Torture a person to Death- or ‘How to make a Victim Confess to a Crime he Did NOT Commit’ from his good mate Beria would invariably make one wish they had never been born.
It was a lovely and kind offer though and as desperate as I may be I have a healthy regard for my well being and prefer to stick to Helga the Viking…at least in the meantime!

Sorry Lammerlaw. I didn’t realize you had already met her.

Hey twos better than one - I was going to become a Mormon but my mother wouldnt let me.

A guy lost his cars electronic key and got hold of me to find it. Took about 10 minutes to locate in long grass with the CTX. Turns up a few days later with reward plus this great looking mud cake. You just got to love this metal detecting.
HH

6 Likes

Scored three rings on the low tide yesterday including a nice ruby. (front left) Only problem is I munted the ring itself with my scoop digging it (up to my neck in water digging blind). Also managed a nice 9 carat gold which came up nicely with a bit of a lick and polish The others couple came out earlier in week.
HH

![20190320_192844|690x414]

4 Likes

Nice finds mate well done. Hitting beach this weekend to hunt for yellow stuff would be nice to get some been months. HH&GL

1 Like

Just love the sound of gold in the earphones. It mostly has a real nice tone to it. The more carats the better it sounds. Pinged this 9 carat and one other ring before 6am this morning. I think it’s a garnet with facet cut. Usual musket ball and 3 ringer bullet plus a couple of silver rings I pulled yesterday. Lifes good.
HH

1 Like

More great finds MB well done.

Nice haul alright I had the alarm set for 4am when it went off instantly regretted the (just one more) 15 yr old carribian rum :sweat:

2 Likes

Any ideas on this one guys? Base metal but been in the tide for maybe 100 years or more.
About 7cm long x 2cm wide. It has a floor inside at the widest part with 5 slots. Whistle maybe? Just pulled it out of water about an hour ago.

Thanks in advance.

My first thought was an old whistle. Have you tried blowing it?

MK