Worth Checking Out

Anyone been to Gabriel’s Gully or Jones Creek lately… Are they worth checking out… Cheers

1 Like

Gday, Im yet to go to gabriels gully but we have recently had a two day trip to jones creek and unfortunatley had a very very poor result and we defintley wont be going back, always good to check out if your in the area but I would defintley not warrant a whole trip just to prospect there. From what I have heard though gabriel’s gully has a bit of colour to be found if you know were to look though.

Good luck.

Hey :slight_smile: …pretty patchy there but my best Day was 1.3 g in 5 hours and my worse did not show up on scale…but all up 3 nice pieces I found there as well is only tailings no bedrock there but nice shade and you never know what you get :wink:

2 Likes

Thx very much guys for the info… Appreciate your time… Is the Arrow best place to go… Cheers

1 Like

That is the same for any area…even Jones Creek. You are best off by walking a greater distance up the creeks as most people, tourists, wont walk far, lazy, & so the lower closer ends of the creeks are a lot more hammered. I had a play in Jones Creek on the way back home from KiwiKeith’s service up in Westport & got a few colours. You do have to put in a bit of effort though, like moving rocks, digging down & getting into the clay type material. Of course you wont make your fortune.
I have only tried once at Gabriel’s Gully & only got a couple of specks for a lot of effort, so haven’t tried again. There are better areas but for the novelty factor of finding some colour on hallowed ground I guess it is a must do for those who are seriously into their gold & its history.

Good luck out there.

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Thank you Robyn for your experiences on the 2 sites I asked info on. Appreciate your time… I am a newbie, so jus asking a few questions… Will swing by these sites and have a go… Walking further up away from where most day trippers pan, may bring a result… Cheers

1 Like