WD17 The waters Beckon

2017 started off nice with a big fat 1938 aussied florin. It was nearby to a penny so if I hadn’t rechecked the hole in may have missed it

Then a few hunts at an old water hole gave up some nice goodies including this copper tag that’s pretty cool I picked up 2 more Silver nz shillings was back to the city where I meet up with another detector to hit MB on the low tides. Beach had 4 coils on it which was kind of fun the goodies were not over whelming but it was a nice day and satisfied my ambition to search MB on a really low tide

4 Likes

Great stuff and nice pics, good luck for 2017. The Aus Florin is a sweet coin

like the look of that beach got gold vibes from here.

Nice one Westie.

HH

From the playground about 4 inches down in the bark. Looked the part but only gold plated.

2 Likes

That’s a bummer
Well I guess it looks good in your treasure box.
Is the base metal any good - silver perhaps?

Nice evening on the beach at low tide. Chunky silver .925 ring in first hole.

4 Likes

On the road for work and went for a detect in a park tonight. From beneath a ancient pine stump i got my new Oldest coin tonight.
A 1876 Victorian penny.
The coin is in better condition than it appears in the photo.

5 Likes

Awesome WD 1876, nice one.

Called into The 3p Spot for an hour.
Got a lovely 1946 NZ 3p Silver for my efforts.

5 Likes

Nice silvers. Can’t wait to find some of my own.

Always nice to get the Silvers!! What are the other coins beside the nz penny ? or are they too far gone to recognise!

1 cents and 2 cent, the soil at that spot just destroys them.
Old britainia pennys survive the best in that spots soil followed by silver.

Far out they sure have taken a beating. Amazing how the different base metals can help with some coins lasting in certain ground conditions and not others!

1 Like

When that black coating on the nz penny dries out and falls off it will take off all the detail on that coin too.

1 Like

A $3.50 spendies, $2 ozzy and a 1936 silver sixpence from the 3p Spot between the rainshowers today.

3 Likes

You are on to a good spot there WD. Keep on swingin !!

Don’t forget to enter the competition:

1 Like

Managed to sneak my detecter into the car for a road trip.
Hit a few playgrounds along the way till i found an old campground and managed to get permission from the Trustees.
Pockets spills everywhere, one withnice old gold ring and another spill with a florin half crown and shilling.

7 Likes

The elusive virgin spot! Congrats man!!