To Swing Is My Thing

Guess who just found his first New Zealand silver coin…! I’m over the moon :grin:

Found a really sweet spot, will spend some days here for sure :innocent:

12 Likes

Nice condition too.
Half Crown next :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

A good find…may you find many more.

1 Like

Good one - keep us updated :green_heart:

1 Like

Hammer that spot! There will be more

1 Like

Nice job hope you find many more.

1 Like

Awesome mate, love it.

1 Like

Some more goodies :heart_eyes_cat: Oldest coin so far (1910). This spot has potential :ok_hand:t2:

7 Likes

Looks like a fantastic spot…I hope you not in Christchurch on my turf. ( just joking or am I ).
:thinking: :wink:

2 Likes

You will know when you go back to your spot next time and there are no silvers left… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Haha don’t worry, I’m hours from Christchurch. Can’t promise I won’t find it some day though :smirk:

1 Like

Yes now if only I could find it lol. Got a back yard permission in 2 hours 1946 to 1955 house hope it has some silver goodness to pluck from the ground. GL and HH bud

1 Like

That penny looks really nice :green_heart:

1 Like

Sounds awesome! Good luck :blush: Btw have seen your silvers, sweet stuff mate. What detector are you swinging? :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah sweet, but fragile :sweat_smile: The patina is just great :heart_eyes_cat: I don’t know which is the best way to preserve it though… Any advise? :thinking:

I’m using a garrett ace 300I can’t up grade till I start finding some gold so wife tells me. No silver goodness at the permission found one 1921 penny and a 1940 half still had a beer and chat with home owner so was fun.

Found two Aussies yesterday (same hole). :joy::ok_hand:t2: Unfortunately they were both stuck to an old copper coin, hence the green stuff on one side :sweat: Any ideas how to clean them without making any damage to them?

Also found one more New Zealand Threepence :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Silver pocket spill you lucky bugger :slightly_smiling_face:
I use vinegar & salt bath don’t leave them in longer than 5 minutes tho and baking soda with a few drops of water to make a paste ( not for coins with value). I believe others in this site use cloudy ammonia but I am unfamiliar with this method maybe someone could enlighten us.:thinking:
HH&GL

1 Like

(for silver) You can heat some water in a saucepan, put some Alumium foil in, sprinke some baking soda, then plop the coin on to the foil for a few minutes. No rubbing involved. Rinse after with cold water.

2 Likes

Yeah ol cloudy ammonia works well for silver, doesn’t strip everything of the coin so you keep that old look, just soak for 5,10,20 min depending on how dirty it is, then get stuck into it with a toothbrush. I personally don’t like using soda as it leaves the coin to bright almost fake looking. (Just my opinion)

Then there’s the wet coin in a foil sandwich between your fingers method…not the most popular but I quite like it for bringing out the high points, you have to be very gentle, don’t rub it like crazy or it’ll be toast!

3 Likes

Nice. I bet there will be many more to come. GL & HH.

1 Like