This Weekends finds from Otago

Very nice finds.
Happier Hunting.

Great work, love that bejewelled ring, diamonds are nice :money_mouth_face:
I wonder if the copper ring was once plated?

Sorry about the delay Mudwiggle - heres a pic as promised It certainly looks the same and that door catch pic appears to have solved the mystery - well done

The result of last weeks hunt - a few coins here, a junker ring and a couple of friendship necklaces one of them 925, 4 pennies oldest was 1906 and a halfpenny and a pocket knife that may be salvagable??

3 Likes

Results of a very quick hunt today - The cap gun is a pretty awesome find :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Highlight of last weekends hunt
A couple of rings of indeterminate metal??

2 Likes

This weekends hunt was going over ground I’ve already covered the result was -
10 pennies and half pennies including a personal first on Australian penny and half penny with the circle and writing on them not the usual kangaroo which I was stoked about.
Oldest penny for the day an English 1907 the only silver a tidy 6 pence
A handful of 1 and 2 cent coins a few spendies and old decimals plus the usual assortment of canslaw teartabs etc and that was the afternoon.

5 Likes

Quite a story behind those rings on the left…great fun trying to reassemble them. I pulled one apart once to see if I could get it together and yes I did but it could be the reason I haven’t got too much hair on top. Great finds.

1 Like

Thanks Lammerlaw
Yep I had a go at it but its still as you see it - I guess if I was a Russian I’d have to be unfaithful with my ring still on???

Dont give up and you will get there - one night when your watching a boring TV programme and your partner is nag nag nag - just turn off and play with the ring then when you get it together tie a bit of wire around it so that it cant come to pieces anymore - thats what I did.

2 Likes

Nice puzzle to keep you busy in the downtime. Post a pic when you get them assembled.
A magnet can help narrow the metal down. Stainless is often weakly magnetic, only Iron, Nickel, & Cobalt are magnetic.
Love the patina on those coins. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi All
A quick hunt after work yesterday resulted in the usual spendies, old decimals, tear tabs and rusty bottle tops with the highlites being 2 rings a 46 nz half penny and a 33 NZ thrup.

A bit of research on the rings was interesting M&S stamped in the blingy one turned out to be Marks and Spencer and about 15 pound to buy new and the one with the shield is stirling silver and a mormon CTR (“choose the right” ) ring - Google is great!
HH

4 Likes

good scores cleaned up well…oh… marks and sparks what i would give for a dozen of there pork pies,the BEST

Very nice loot you have :sunglasses:

Thanks Roy great pork pies but disappointing bling :grinning:

Results of this afternoons hunt - enjoy and HH

![IMG_4455|666x500](

3 Likes

Good going, that half crown is pretty sharp.

gold is always good…

That’s a great spot you’ve got. Well done

wow!! that is one nice haul there well done:smiley: