Thieves Hit Gold Sites - Otago Daily Times

Couldn’t agree more Lammerlaw but I doubt a gay bois could drive a digger as well as the mine manager described…

Not sure about actavists as any thing they normally do is about attracting media attention and getting there name and cause in the headlines, I speculate !! this could be closer to home someone with a dispute or delusional issues with the mining permit holder’s

What I mean by a certain type of environmentalist is the nasty types known as Eco Terrorists, that is violence carried out to further environmental ends and it certainly sounds that way to me but of course I might be wrong…

As this has been going on for a while now, I am so surprised that no one has made there security better at their mines.

3 Likes

If they don’t have any security footage I would find that quite bizarre , hell even I have a couple of trail cam,s & I don’t have 700,000 worth of equipment , even a camera at the gate could have possibly caught them out , its actually a wonder the insurance company’s don’t stipulate that on account of the many thousands of dollars worth of equipment or possibly gold on sight & unattended , who ever did it is pure scum & I would imagine there will be some worried operator’s over there wondering if they are next .