The Most annoying things that happen during gold prospecting

Buy Inner Circle Rum - Inner Circle Black Dot 33 Overproof Rum 75.9% ABV.
Stand naked to entice as many mossies as you possible can - when the airs totally black take a mouthful of Inner Circle, light a match and blow - you will put a flame thrower to shame and kill every mossie within 100 m…
Such good stuff that if you put it in the car petrol tank I could almost guarantee that the pistons would blow out through the bonnet and head off goodness knows where.

1 Like

Inner Circle Rum, marketed in some countries as Napalm!

1 Like

Most annoying thing… just getting your wetsuit on and then realising you need to take a crap.

As im new to dredging in 2 yrs I’ve managed to
1.Get to creek set up dredge and go to put the last piece together being the suction hose and realise its left at home-full wet suit on to(lots and lots of F bombs) half day lost
2.All set up ready to crank motor(in full.wet suit) sweating like a barstad figured it must have been a spark plug,drove 2hrs to get a plug at repco,put new plug in still wont start even bought some start yha barstad was back firing figured out finally the intake valve was seized open lost half a day dredging.
3.left the old man dredging went a walk down stream with a pan for a prospect found some exposed bedrock and scrapped some gravel off top to pan about 30 colors ran back in excitement to tell him I think we were in the wrong spot to find the dredge floating upside down.
But on a positive shot 5 deer that night was fair buggered pulling the last one up a gully I had to cut it in half.

2 Likes

Other things that happened to me was

1. Been dredging and hose has come off dredge and the hose clips flown off and lost.

2. Been dredging and the hose had come off the dredge and no means to put it back on.

And now the real clanger…

Set everything up and then pulled and pulled on the starter cord and fiddled about and swore and got real pissed off because the engine would not go…stored it all on the river bank and went back next weekend with a friend…was it you he who goes to sleep in the tussocks?..and they pointed out that l had never turned the petrol on…in Latin ‘Moronicus retardus’.

1 Like

Oh and I lost my wedding ring that went down well with the wife.
Went back with a metal detector to try find it where I thought it had gone but no luck.

A lost wedding ring? Isnt that divorce by default. Your in the dog box now!

Jes I know still married so must have a good one.silly me I was playing with it while driving and it fell on to my lap,got to the paddock and reversed the trailer with the dredge on down the fence line to the creek I got to excited to see what the creek was like since last summer it fell out on the grass I searched and searched on my hands and knees,by the time I got a detector and went back for another dredge we had those floods a couple of years ago down here and I think the water level reached record height right where I think it was gone burger-my out was I said I’ll make us one out of.the gold I find(eternity for her)

No…It was Henry.

I recall that about the same time I had got all my gear down to the creek, set up my little 4" set up.

Pulled & pulled on the starter chord…& no go. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
The trusty Honda was usually a two pull & she was away. Not this time. Yes petrol was turned on. Went to undo the spark plug & ended up breaking the plug. Shit bags…that was that & no spare one.

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

Yes l remember that - better luck come warmer weather though in saying that l am tempted to go up for a weekend soon.
There are three spots l want to look at in the creek with no gold. I had intended putting my old underwater dredge in just below where two people l know had a highbanker as l got a few grams in passing about three days after l called to see you…it was a nice day, water still warm and nice scenery.
I think Henry was there to…unless lm getting muddled up which isnt unusual.
Hey your supposed to be at work and not on here…earning more money and paying more taxes to support my pension increase.