Telescopic Shaft update

Loving the amount of boot space the gold monster doesn’t take up anymore since I fitted the telescopic shaft…
And its handling being out in the field well…

3 Likes

That car is far too clean to belong to a detectorist… :laughing:

3 Likes

im still trying to work out how to carry my walking sticks as well as a detector . perhaps mount the detector to my walking stick. would have to change to wooden sticks

Hahaha kiwi keith…
mount the coil off a mount at the bottom
Of your walking stick about 2 inches off the ground…
In fact you could use two sticks and two detectors…

And the stick doesn’t need to be wood…
I forgot all about the metal shaft and metal detector and i mounted it all on to the gold monster then remembered and telescopic was metal …
But it works fine with no interference at all hahaha just a bit of dumb luck

2 Likes

You’ve likely created a nulled out dead zone on the coil if the shaft is metal. Like target masking except your shaft is causing the masking.

love that walking stick and by the way “phrunt” there is nothing wrong with my shaft LOL
no nulled out dead zone only in season when I find plants in the bush that burn with a funny smell.
might be an up and coming business there peanut id pattern the idea , next ill be getting you to put one on my zimmer frame. as all us detectorist get older you will create more work . wet suits with floatation devices . I can see it now. mobility scooters all gear up.

2 Likes