Summer 2018 the search for spendies

is that the silver spoon that was meant to be in my mouth when I was born. thanks for finding it but you are 66 years to late

1 Like

Royal New Zealand Army Service Corps 1913-16 inscription - Honi soit qui mal y pense
Also a couple of unfired enfield bullets.
Mood ring is a junker
Running total $31.90

5 Likes

Nice bit of military history westie well done.:+1:

Another Armistice Coin. Running total $37.70

3 Likes

Got a nice 1934 silver florin exactly 380 days since the last silver florin I found. Garked it with the digger as I was being careless and assumed I was digging a 2 cent piece.
Also got a 2010 50 peso coin from Chile, a Toby fishing lure and a lawnmower chopped silver plated spoon.
Running total $42.90

5 Likes

Called in to see a someone. As I got out of truck spotted part of an old broken handblown wine or whisky sticking out of the earth bank beside driveway.
Had a closer look and there was also a old glass bottle stopper.
Took my treasure’s inside to show him.
He then showed me the other bottles he had pulled out of bank.
We then went back outside where he pulled a small intact bottle from the bank further up the driveway.
I then showed him the midden I had found by my truck.
And pulled an intact child’s writing slate from the midden.
We both then agreed I was a moron for not bringing my detector.
I left the slate and stopper for safekeeping his collection and completly forgot to get any photos.
Will be back up there in a few weeks so will take detector and will get some photos of that beautiful slate.
When did kids stop using writing slates in schools?
Running total $44.10

4 Likes

From what I’ve read writing slates were phased out in 1930’s.

2 Likes

Day out with some other detectorists. A silver 1937 NZ 3p and $3.70. Got an odd looking button that is possibly silver as well.running total $47.80.

2 Likes

On the road for work, so Raided a Playground for $11 then got another $1.10 at the beach. Running Total $59.90.

3 Likes

getting up there now, have a look at the newish 14 inch coil looks just as deep but not as heavy as the 17 inch.

Found wallet FULL of cash and cards this morning . Managed to track down the owner and returned it. Not even a thank you.
Left with the feeling he was a bit of a dickhead.
Running total. $60.90

1 Like

Always the way. The richer they are…

Sounds like the tot-lots have fallen out of fashion, pulled $20 out of them up here recently.
Give us a yell next time you’re up this way

1 Like

No thank you that sucks some people ay.

1 Like

The types to lose important items are often those that dont care enough about them (party hard drunkards). They left me a $10 tip on the side of the road the other day, just throwing cash out the car windows while hooning around on a Saturday!
Ive also found a number of drivers licences, credit cards, professional hair dressing scissors (expensive). Most of the time I dont even need the detector, just a roadside walk, and rest area look about.

Btw if you dig deep into playground chip under swings, you’ll find many of the targets are in fact nails & bolts from equipment/construction of playground!

1 Like

Playground junkers - in the torchlight I thought I was golden.

4 Likes

It is still a nice pin, I like it.

Looks like a Rod and Gun Club or similar tie pin - its a real cracker. Are you sure that it isnt gold? If it appears to have a layer of something flaking or wearing off then it could have been 9ct plated with 18ct.

Yes I am sure it’s not gold, have a read of the hallmark… at least the maker was honest

1 Like

Staying at a campground for work for a few nights, looks like it gets busy in summer. A quick walk down beach gave me $2.20 and a bronze slug that curious watchers quickly IDed as a shower token.

Running total $63.70.

4 Likes

Rain started falling as i was driving past a playground usually infested with a herd of congregating helicopter parents and their equally neurotic offspring.
As they rushed their incapacitated young off to destroy some poor coffee affacianados Zen at the nearest cafe, I swooped in and netted $6.90 from the bark for the cause including my 3rd detected Poppy 50 cent.
Rain cleared and it was time to flee before the braindead herd returned. Running total
$70.60.

6 Likes