Southerly finds 2019

The hunt also netted a 1946 shilling and Brit. penny and a bunch of NZ ones along with some rubbish. The highlights…

Any knowledge on the soldier and the pendant most welcome.

4 Likes

Pendant is good ol’ St. Chris…
Soldier looks Boer or possibly imperial German. Someone with better knowledge of uniforms will nail it.

love that soldier,certanly looks pre 1900.the clue maybe in the bits of red in the jacket they did,nt call them redcoats for nothing…

My guess is German Soldier WWI as the hat in the bottom photo looks a bit like the side of a Picklehaube

Picklehaube

Another moral to that great yarn is that you shouldn’t get into a dingy, or any boat for that matter, without a life jacket.:thinking: More so if you cant swim. :woozy_face:

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Think it might be more alluvial…that’s before cleaning

A little clean…

3 Likes

I’d love some help identifying (or ruling out) if this is some kind of official brooch. Fairly corroded but two crowns, a sort of wave pattern, a square, wave pattern and I think, a crown at the bottom.

Oxford University?

1 Like

The middle bit is more square than book shaped, though maybe it was a glue hinge, and the wave pattern is unexplained.

Taihape University then?

Can’t see the gumboot in the pic. Waves in Taihape? That’s not something I have seen. I scrolled through the OU shop lapel badge listings and found no affiliated colleges with waves. Then pinged a message OU way as their shop only looks like they sell plastic backed pins these days. We’ll see.

Some parties it doesn’t pay to be late to. Got along today to find another forum member had scooped up the yellow gold jewellery.

The spot is a little infilled at the moment, managed a fair bit of copper for the scrapper, a broken old Legge key head, florin, 20 cents and some spending money.

2 Likes

Duchess by Bird & Blake (spoon) a sterling pendant, junk ring and $6.50

Might clean the spoon up for the registration number.

2 Likes