Some Hard won gold

Just so you know that sometimes gold is hard won. Checked out an creek I’d not been to today, total of 15km hike with 1200m elevation gain. All for a few crumbs, but bloody good to get out there!

13 Likes

Good stuff mate a came across ur YouTube a month or so ago are u going to do anymore

Probably not, haven’t got the time these days

1 Like

Hi Matt. Effort & reward. You have to be out there doing it to put yourself in with a chance. You may not think it is very much but you got to check out a creek you hadn’t been to before & got some colour. So that is a bonus regardless. Better than a skunk, which is what I got yesterday. :roll_eyes:

Best of luck out there.

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I would keep looking there…that is nice stuff

1 Like

I like exploring new areas. There is the thrill of knowing that I might stumble across a big nugget or a rich creek that hasn’t seen a detector. Much more exciting than scraping crumbs out of known spots. But it can definitely result in not finding anything other than some new knowledge

4 Likes

Yes… the exploring is a huge part of the fun & adventure of searching for gold.

So is digging a big hole and making money :+1:t2:

What do you call a big hole? :slightly_smiling_face:
I can guarantee I have dug many a big deep hole & only been rewarded with rubbish. A lot more so than finding gold. Old gin traps, broken picks, shovel heads, pocket knifes, nails… :roll_eyes: But sometimes gold.
Probably my deepest was 2.5 feet for a pocket knife. Found initially with the GPZ 7000 & Minelab 14" coil but the Gold Bug 2 with its small snipping coil pinpointed it better as I got down deeper. It also told me it was an iron signal too. But I dug it out anyway on the off chance that there might be a gold signal down there as well. This time there wasn’t but often after removing a junk target there has been gold down in the dig, & usually more than one.

Best of luck out there.

1 Like

Yeah, I found a wee nugget hiding under a nail up Moonlight Creek. I was running a GPX 4500 and everyone else I saw up there had Goldbugs so I suspect it got left behind as most people discriminated it as iron and walked on.

1 Like

Good for you Gav. :+1: I like Moonlight Creek (West Coast I assume) not our QT Moonlight. I like that one too. There must have been a bit of a crowd for you to say, everyone else. My last time there was just me & I was using a modded 4500. I just went down to the bedrock area straight down from the car park at Andersons flat. Down that track. Probably the most thrashed bedrock in the whole creek but I managed to find a piece. Gave me a very positive outlook on the modded 4500. I was using a 14 x 9 NF Advantage coil too. So not an overly small coil. I was blown away. I haven’t been back there since.

1 Like