So I’ve bought a Minelab Vanquish 540

Any tips or tricks for these suckers? I’m ideally want to go coin hunting with the kids. In Christchurch.

Looks a good machine i hear the parks are closed try the garden first.

Tips & tricks in what way? If all else fails, read the instructions. Welcome aboard.

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

Instructions? I’m a man! I was just asking before I read the ins and out to see if there are any presets / discrimination settings which are good for nz coins, don’t really want to be digging up beer caps all day long.

Like I said…read the instructions. That is what they are for…to learn your detector. :crazy_face: Many a MAN, such as yourself, has come unstuck by not doing so. The fact is you asked on here when if you read the instructions you would have been a day closer to knowing a lot more than what you maybe still do not know now. The best way to learn your detector is to read the instructions & get out there using it & putting it all in to practise. Just might have to be your backyard at the moment though.

Good luck out there

Im finally going to get out in my back yard and learn how to use my 4500, ne tips and tricks JW,…
Just kidding bout the tips and tricks, :smile:, but my bouble does extend down to the Kawarau River, just to make you jelly arde of course.

Well…you should make your fortune then. :wink: Cant wait to see the photos come pouring in. :laughing:

Best of luck.

Hi politealbino,

Make sure you get a handheld pin pointer if you haven’t already. It’ll save you a lot of time and makes park hunting much more enjoyable :blush:

I haven’t used a vanquish before, but it looks like a capable machine. Generally Minelab factory presets work very well, so you shouldn’t need to do any complex tinkering right off the bat

Good luck

Thanks for the encouragement, slowly getting used to the 540, no finds of value yet but it certainly works.