Sluice box dimensions

Any engineering outfit like Queenstown Engineering, Dart Engineering, Shotover Engineering. I don’t think there is any such thing as “reasonable” in Queenstown. You may find it cheaper to get done in Dunedin & have it couriered to you. If you can source some alloy Queenstown roofing would be able to bend it up for you if you cant do it yourself. In all honesty you don’t need the alloy to be very thick so should have no problem cutting & bending yourself. It isn’t rocket science. All you need are some clamps, blocks of wood & tin snips.

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I was wondering, I know as everyone has said they arent too strict on it but all the Doc signs say 100CMX20CM sluice boxes right, but at Loius creek the sign up the back (DOC) end said size limits for Sluices are 150CMx20CM just wondering what the story with this is, whether its a mistake meant to be diffirent or just something they dont care about like others have said.

Cheers

1 Like

I was planing to bend it my self. I was building down here so I’m well versed with tools, I just know the perfectionist in me would not be happy with my folds if I hand fold it. The cutting and out sourcing the folding is the path ill most likely take, sadly none of the known company’s want to take on more work. As I enquired regarding some table legs.
So I was curious if there was anyone that did sheet metal work from home or like you say, dunedin is also a very plausible idea. So thank you very much.
To be honest I may very well end up buying a keene as I’m not going to have the time any more and i had a good idea to adapt the keene to my idea :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Travis I have one for you here if you decide to buy one, save some coin iv used it twice an decided I like detecting more .$200 its yours and I have a friend who frequents to chch from Queenstown if possible to work something out it’s just sitting here .I think it’s 320 new and it’s the biggest sluice in there range capable of running on the 2inch backpack dredge. Cheers Dan

1 Like

How long a fold do you need and how accurate? If your marking it yourself will you allow loss of material on radius formation? I can fold certain material in Queenstown

Hi there mate, thank you for the offer but if taken an offer up to buy a sluice, decided to take the easier route for now thanks.

After 7 months on the arrow river ive seen plenty of dream mats of all sizes and colours.

I think its just the new kid on the block.

Only 2 people had thiers worked out correctly and there was no advantage over a keene a52 or a51.

In fact my little diy jobby produced more gold than most sluices EXCEPT 2 of the a52’s.

There may be an advantage in different conditions but not on the arrow.

If you havent made it yet go with 6 or 8 INCH widths.
That way you can buy stock std commercial bits to fit inside as you go.

Ribbed carpet is great and quite cheap-even in queenstown

1 Like