Show us ya Gold!

I would just like to say well done for today JW, I know you will post shortly

they are all each under a gram sadly, still nice to look at :sunglasses:

Just a huge shout out to all the awesome paydirt members I met and received advice from over the past year on The Mainland. It is inspiring when people want to share and give a few pointers; thank you so much. We crossed the strait yesterday and are already frustrated by the traffic and dull scenary. Regards Ingguy PS… will be back home on the Coromandel Friday so will be out and about before the summer surge

3 Likes

Hi all
Took the nox out for a look around on Sunday
Went back over some ground I know has been checked and came up with these bits totalling 3.3 grams. Went back after work a couple of days later and had another scratch around for the 2 small bits in the second picture. Running the nox on gold 2 at 20 .The little bits read 1 and 2 as usual (just like shotgun pellets) but the bigger bits were 4-6 and the biggest one was a 10 - 12 and would usually be a hot rock but the tone was louder and sharper.

A good day out!
HH

12 Likes

Hey fisher- man that’s awesome :ok_hand: I just bought a nox and slowly learning the machine

Hey Mr Miagi
Great machine and I’m still working it out as well :laughing:
There seem to be different types of hot rocks as someone previously said but I have to say the gold was louder and more insistent?
Enjoy the Nox - they are awesome- one of those small bits was about 4 inches down
Looking forward to seeing some of your finds posted soon

Hi Dave, I have been a bit slack at posting lately. Time for an update.

Four saturdays ago

The bigger bit came from this hole. Crazy depth for the small size of the gold

Three sundays ago for a quick afternoon detect, two bits.

Just the two

Didn’t go detecting last weekend but just got in from another quick afternoon detect to day.

First bit right done in the schist bedrock.

2nd bit was just above the first bit in the same run of bedrock. Just a bit deeper in that hole.

Just the two, but I was happy with that.

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Love that Central Otago Gold - well done JW

1 Like

Hi All
Here is the bits from today including my biggest piece to date :sunglasses:
Just had to go through the rubbish to find it after I left it out on the bench to photograph and my wife "tidied " it up!! That was bloody stressful!!

6 Likes

Very nice. :+1: What does that big sucker weigh?

HI JW
Not sure my scales have died :scream:

Hey team me an a mate Had a go at goldsborough .find it real easy to get colour at goldsborough .me an a mate are beginners he runs the gold rat an me the keene .I find the keene sluice awesome as first bucket ya see the colour if its there as opposed to the gold rat you have to basically clean up to check for colour ,add riffle to gold rat hopper ? Both do the job .gold rat is faster to clean out . 2nd attempt sorry shit with phones and new to the forum .

6 Likes

Hey wheres the photo gone - you may not have waited long enough for it to load. I have had that problem. If that is so then can you edit - delete picture and add again but wait longer - love to see photo.

Cheers Lammerlaw . Post must be 20 fu##$kn long .lol the irony iv seen u do this .

What??? Seen me do what? If you mean the post is so long then its a matter of patience - I learnt to put a picture ona nd wait for it to load - then the next one - then the next one and so on. But dont worry I have had plenty of botchups!

1 Like

i know where you are . ive worked there quite abit in the past.
go straight down under your box its about 400 to 500 mm to parpa base . (bed rock) you will be surprised . caz and i would spend a weekend over there from chch (before i got a claim) not unusual for us to take a couple of grams for the weekend

2 Likes

Hey kiwikeith I plan to have a snipe an what not once I really get the bug , Its already kicking in haha . I am day tripping from chch for now until we go camping over the break . Awesome spot can’t wait to do a few days there

1 Like

was there many people fossicking when you were there

Two fellas camping an a couple of others showed up . I was surprised how quiet it was being so easy access and cracker weather. I’m.just heading over now for another play with the mother sucker hand dredge !will update if I get any colour .

1 Like

Even if you get no colour, but I am sure you will, update us any way & flick us some photos. Good luck :+1: