Show us ya Gold!

You take it easy mate & give that back time to come semi right. :cowboy_hat_face:

I can get to the two spots l have in mind and l will give it a good go to get to you know where if we have to walk first trip. I want to get up to where the bush is…though the tracks getting cut out.
More later - come for a drive. Hopefully the creeks not up. It was when l was last there.

Anyone been up goldsborough lately ? Thinking of going this weekend or slab hut ?any good gold been found lately ?

you gotta wonder how much golds in that beach down stream , water fast warming up

Looks like Deep Stream gold. Good Luck with the permit application there…but you prob should have checked the ORC scheduling, DOC, DCC water source etc…!

??? - Sean - What are you talking about??? That is not Deep Stream Gold and does not even look like it. Deep Stream gold is not as shiny. It has a more limonitic dirtiness to it and rarely as nice looking as this gold. It can even come pure black. The permit for the claim this gold has come from has long been granted so what is this crap about ORC, DOC, DCC business?

Heres my efforts from the Arrow public area from Sunday, 4th time out with the sluice and I think I finally have the hang of it. By my kitchen scales its around 2 grams which is definatly my best day out yet :grin::grin::grin:

15 Likes

Great going - Arrow gold is nice gold.

2 Likes

We had a nice haul at goldsborough just the other weekend and also a solid haul at slab hutt the weekend before, if you want to prospect a bit more I would say goldsborough if you want to just get into digging I would say slab hutt.

1 Like

When are ya heading to louis creek Dillon? Have you had any luck with ya gold monster yet? I’d be keen to meet up there for a play and show ya how to identify the gold amongst hot ground .

all found with the gold monster but panned off as water is our friend.

2 Likes

Nice one bro, we dont really have any time set planned to get back there, possibly sometime early next year as we are quite busy the rest of this year, yeah that would be great to meet up but nah still no luck with the monster although I still have not spent much time on it, I normally just try for like 30 minuets only get junk then decide its more effective to just dig for the sluice lol.

Cheers

1 Like

Here’s some pics from Sat near Queenstown. Went out prospecting for the day to look at spots to drop a dredge on the new claim.

Great country and lots of bedrock

12 Likes

Wow. Looks spectacular there. Where is that. Looks like a good altitude.

thats awesome looking ground there , when we going lol

Looks hardly scratched at by the old timers, shall be very good going on the dredge judging by the prospecting results…very nice looking gorge in there too…

wow man spectacular for sure looks like you got one hell of a season ahead of you good stuff mate

1 Like

Looks beautiful mate did you get all that gold just panning or sluicing? Gonna be some good hauls when ya get on the nozzle

Yes a mixture of pan and sluicing. Had to cover alot of ground so name of the game was sample, sample and more sampling.
Water was a bit too high to do sniping but there is some great crevices to be done.
The claim hasn’t seen alot of dredges in the past as its pretty remote in that part of the Shotover.

1 Like

Awesome stuff mate enjoy your new claim and may there be plenty of shiny stuff for ya

2 Likes

Looks like great summer country, an exciting season ahead no doubt about that. GOOD LUCK

1 Like