Rock id(Maybe) + What should I prioritise?

Greetings!

Here’s a bunch of random rocks within 20 mins walk of my house, each from a unique area from the next. Mostly found while walking the dog through the bush and on the local tracks.

My question is for the big brain legends out there, if I was to spend time looking into an area or two which rock samples would be the most interesting lead out of these?

Just looking to get some cool pieces really.

What exactly are you looking for or wanting to know?

Lots of quartz bits there, a bit with munted crystals & maybe a bit of red Jasper. You in the Coromandal?

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I think just an idea of what areas are most likely to turn up interesting rocks, mineralisation, crystals, or anything interesting or cool looking. Then I’ll spend some decent time hounding around those areas. South end of the Coro forest park :slight_smile: There’s so much its overwhelming I’m happy just wandering, I should probably study geology a bit.

To be honest I think that people need to see the rocks first hand to give a definitive answer.
Seeing photos only can be very misleading but seeing them first hand can give a positive ID and also see features such as very small minerals that photos cannot show.

1 Like

Totally looked like Coro stuff to me. Hence asking. I used to live in the area & cut my teeth fossicking all over the place. Don’t forget Kauri Gum as well. You are spoilt for choice in the Coro. There is cool stuff all over the place. Nothing quite like learning first hand by just getting out there & doing it. You will learn as you go. Like anything.

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like